STUDENTS MASSACRED Up to 50 dead in terror attack on Nigeria college

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Sep 30, 2013.

1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,459
    Rick, in case you refuse to click on OBOB's link, let me quote the key phrase:

3. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Mainstream Christians denounce westboro, don't they? I'm not seeing that from the mainstream "religion of peace."
  4. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    Keep reading the thread hoss, you'll get there.
  5. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    I wonder if the people who lost loved ones in Kenya last week or in Nigeria this week have a warm fuzzy feeling about Muslims. Some of you should go tell them how it's just a minority of Muslims and they don't represent true Islam. I bet they wouldn't give a rats ass and might just kick you in the mouth.
  6. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    There was a time in the history of the Christian church when speaking out against Catholic orthodoxy would cost you your life. Many Christian reformers paid with their lives trying to bring the religion back into conformance with the scriptures. Eventually the reformers won out and Protestantism was born. Even the Catholic church has reformed itself from within through the efforts of faithful Catholics who gave their lives for their faith.
    Islam has no such history. Islamic clerics have never united in an effort to bring opprobrium down on the heads of violent Muslims. Islam is splintered into warring factions who are trying to wipe each other out. If the various mullahs who are the spiritual leaders of disparate Muslim sects would join together and issue a fatwah against violence and attach excommunication as a penalty for violating the fatwah it might make a difference. The problem is that in order to do that they would have to stop killing each other. They would also have to repudiate those verses in the Koran which call for the killing of infidels. They would also have to allow Muslims to have freedom of religion. I don't see any of the above happening.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,496
    Because you don't want to. Read the thread again.
  8. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    Guess you don't pay much attention to Islam then.

I'll work in reverse order.

The Quran says, amongst other things:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion."

"If it had been your Lord's will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe?"

"So if they dispute with you, say 'I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.' And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: 'Do you also submit yourselves?' If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah's sight are all of his servants."

There are tons of imams and Islamic scholars who interpret those as meaning exactly what they say (and those verses span both the Meccan and Medinan Quranic eras for those who argue that the latter period changed the teachings of the former).

On the next point, I believe that if you bother to look you will find plenty of imams specifically stating that these verses, including the so-called Sword Verse, are specifically limited to those who make war on Islam (originally the Quraysh and those in Medina who broke their treaty with Muhammad to assist the Quraysh) and even say that periods of grace should be provided to even those, and that those infidels who do not desire war should be spared and given passage to somewhere that they are safe.

Final point, if you can't see that the vast, vast majority of Islamic scholars and religious leaders are not making war on one another (in fact war between imams isn't really happening anywhere right now, although admittedly post-war Iraq did have imam's militias fighting one another), I'm not sure what to tell you.
  9. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,030
    The better comparison would be Muslims and Christians within America, where there are the same set of rules, regulations, and law enforcement

I'm going to take a wild guess and state that a lower percentage of the Muslim population commit crime then Christians in the US
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +213
    Wild guessing is always a good option when trying to make a point.
  11. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    I'm Hoss? But Ben, where are Little Joe, Adam and Hop Sing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdRgBAY278

Truth be told, it's more of your liberal apologist drivel, I'm sure. If I read all your stuff in this thread, it's five minutes of my life I'd never get back.
  12. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +765
    When was the last time Westboro blew people up or shot them in a mall or college. Islam the religion of peace strikes again. Funny how Hussein wants to negotiate with Hassan but refuses to negotiate with Congress. Friday calls to prayer are the best in the world by the way according to Hussein.
  13. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    Well, you'd have also found a number of pages OBOB posted of American Muslim organizations, imams across the Islamic world, prominent Islamic scholars, and others denouncing jihadists and saying that violence in the name of Islam bastardizes the teachings of the religion.

You know, exactly the thing you swore no one ever sees.
  14. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    But the liberals in the United States continue to give them cover.
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
  16. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    Does ANYONE really care what he thinks or says anymore? He has zero credibility left.
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Well said.