Stone cold truth........

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Mayhem41, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    If you rank the last 12 qb's to play at UF, Driskell is 11th or 12th. There isn't any way around this immutable fact. Go ahead, do it. Don't care about our offense...., if you're honest, you know the truth. I just hope Grier has a shot to win the job next season. I understand all the arguements. I'm an optimist...., but I know what I'm seeing.

I dont say this lightly, I know the importance of an experienced starter.
  2. gator_chomp

gator_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    what QBs do you have ranked below jeff? jacoby brissett and who else? john brantley?
  3. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    Brissett doesn't qualify...... you're on the right track otherwise.
  4. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,647
    Grier is not the answer. Well, he is the answer eventually. But there's just no way he starts over a senior JD. Ain't......gonna.......happen......
  5. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    Then we are looking at 2 more years of not winning the East......

P.S..... He wouldn't be a senior, he'd be a junior... and if we have better they damn sure should play. Especially since he, uh, nevermind....... he's miscast in this offense. If Meyer and Addazio were still here he'd be friggin great...., but they aren't. All my worst fears about Jeff have come home to roost.... (I've watched him tons since high school and I understand how qb's fit in offenses).

Argue all you want...... you're wrong
  6. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +883
    I think Driskel is the best option, but I think we might be a better team running an offense more like Oregon's than our own. Driskel isn't a pocket passer, and he never will be. I think they should give Tyler Murphy some packages, just to see if that sparks things.
  7. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,647
    I want to agree with you, trust me I do. But we almost made it to the SECHG last year with Driskel. And we still might this year. It's just way too early to pack it in. We have to at least play some conference games first. Lol I hear ya though! Trust me, I do ....
  8. coldsteel120

coldsteel120 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    Tyler Murphy may be the answer. What good is a QB that spots opposing team points on a regular basis. The reason the offense is struggling the way it is, is due to the inconsistent QB play. The throw in quadruple coverage that resulted in the pick was insane. The same type throw he had last year against Georgia before half was equally insane. This isn't HS where chances like that worked. His decisions and lack of ball protection is killing us.
  9. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    We have to roll with Jeff now....., all I'm saying is the job by no means should be "locked" next year forward.

Don't kid yourself, Jeff's not the answer for this particular offense. Which is scary, cause this isn't a difficult offense to succeed in. Meh.
  10. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +630
    P.S. I like your argument about Grier. But get your facts right. Driskel will be a SR in 2014. Driskel has played in all 3 yrs of Muschamp. He was not redshirted.
  11. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,297
    I don't know what our answer is at QB. It is beyond puzzling to me that UF has been unable to recruit a top notch QB since Tebow. While there are many theories on what went wrong yesterday, it was obvious to me that the problem is our QB. Interceptions, fumbles, missing a wide open Patton in the end zone. If he continues to perform like that we are doomed this year.
  12. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    The Driskel hate really reflects poorly on our fan base. You can't judge JD against a bunch of qbs who've wrapped their careers. I'm sure the same argument could be made about them after a loss. I am reminded of how awful everyone claimed Chris Leak was.
  13. believer

believer Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I can deal with the interceptions, fumbles, and bad throws. What I can't stand about Driskel is his obliviousness. He has no awareness, no pocket presence, and often looks right at a defender before getting sacked. Our passing protection was actually decent yesterday, but you can only create a pocket for so long. Driskel looked completely lost. I think he regressed since last year.
  14. believer

believer Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Driskel was bad in our win aganst Toledo too. How many bad games do you give a division IA scholarship athlete?
  15. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I thought our pass protection was exquisite most of the time. The qb has to take better advantage of that.
  16. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +775
    I've never understood why they haven't used Driskell on more roll outs than they do. If he rolls out, he has the option of running or throwing which certainly makes him more dangerous than keeping him in the pocket where he's more dangerous to his own team.
  17. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    How can you say he's regressed if he's *gasp* actually going through his progressions? The guy needs to become more comfortable throwing the ball, that can be accomplished by throwing the ball. With regularity. Down field occasionally. Not only when it's absolutely necessary.
  18. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Oh, he was bad against Toledo too? Well shucks are we just going to go back and say he's been bad in every game? We'll learn a lot about our team, staff and especially QB against Tennessee in 2 weeks.
  19. urbangirl

urbangirl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +321
    I do appreciate the optimism. Albeit, "almost" only counts in darts, horseshoes and hand grenades...not sports (of any kind). Gosh, I hope we get this turned around.
  20. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +696
    Brantley was a Gatorade POTY. Driskel was the top QB of his class. What more do you people want?

If we're ranking the past 12 QBs, let's be fair and rank the WR corps as well. Are #8 and #88 amongst the elite?
    • Like Like x 1