Still solid commits or are they trolling?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Nov 9, 2013.

1. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    No one has yet to explain how Muschamp lost the game yesterday. What I saw was a 3rd string QB hand deliver 21 points. I also saw the same QB check out of a play at Vandy's 1 yd line that ultimately led to a FG. Players quiting? Really? What players? Because in the game I watched I saw guys like Dunbar fighting for every in in the 4th quarter after everyone knew this game was over. Our guys didn't quite. Our guys have fought and clawed in every game, until the end. Players who quite on the staff don't do that.

Are our fans really this clueless about the game of football? We lost another, yes another, O-line man this week. The patchwork line went to another level. I don't care that this is Vandy. They beat UGA at home. A depleted UGA team. They beat a depleted and demoralized UF team. 6 teams will have bye weeks before playing us. Huge advantage to each and everyone of them.

This season has been a perfect storm of the first order. Anything, and I mean anything that could go wrong has. And believe it or not, the losses will continue to come this season. There is no magic formula. The offense isn't getting any better this year. It just isn't and the reason is because of players and the lack of them. Most of the guys playing now should only be doing so to give the starters a breather, not starters themselves.

The defense has given up plays and yards, but what do you expect? They are on the field for the whole game. Our offense is predicated on keeping the D on the sidelines & fresh. They kept us in the Mizzou game until the 4th, when they ran out of gas. They kept us in the LSU game. They did their part in the Vandy game, 21 of those points are on Murphy alone.

Look, Muschamp has been successful every where he has been, he isn't in over his head. The Zook comparisons are laughable. Zook was JF's 17th option and hadn't been super successful everywhere he went. Hell, last year everyone outside of the Gator Nation was praising the job he did with the talent available. It's only Gators fans that will tear apart a 12 win season when any other fan base would celebrate that season. Year one he took over a very broken program & scratched out enough wins for a winning season. Year 2 he goes 12-2 with a mix of Urban's guys and his in a great year. Year 3 with a lot more of his guys we get decimated by injuries to very key players. Let's see what he does in year 4 with almost all of his guys and they are healthy.

College football is cyclical. No doubt about it. Bama was down pretty much the entire 2000's. Look at them now. USC & Texas were on top of the mountain, not now. This was honestly UGA's best chance at a MNC with the offense that they had been building for 3 years. Nope. Injuries. Just like that it's gone.

A coaching change now would only compound our problems. If Muschamp doesn't get it done next year, fine. Let him go. That's 4 years and even with the colossal mess he inherited it should be enough. This season is one of those that 5 years from now we will look back on and hope we never have to go through again. This season has sucked for sure, but come on some of this stuff from Gators fans is embarrassing. The one constant that I get from fans of college football and especially SEC teams:
    1) It was only a matter of time before UF had a season like this, every team does.
    2) They aren't happy because UF has had a bad season, they are happy because the fans are going postal when any CFB fan can see why we are having the season we are.
    3) The SEC fans I know, and they are knowledgable, are praying that the fan base pressures JF to get rid of Muschamp and he doesn't stay. They don't want him at UF because they know he will get UF right back at the top of the mountain.

I wish we could all weather this storm together, but that in itself is a pipe dream at this point. My only hope is that we hold onto the class that we are building and come back next year taking names. If we have only a one year setback I will take that everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Seeing Stanford play Thursday just reinforced my believe that Muschamp ball will win and win big when he has all of the horses to do it and they are healthy. Go Gators.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    This is the truth nobody wants to face and acknowledge, people would rather just see heads roll. Each And every week it becomes harder and harder to be level headed and think about the detriments that have hindered this teams ability to be successful. I have always been pro-muschamp, it hasn't been until late that I actually question his ability to field a prepared, disciplined team. While you are right, there certainly are many factors that contribute this awful season, There are just some inexcusable losses and this team just doesnt appear to be well coached. Getting blown out by Vanderbilt at home is just inexcusable. No matter what. Somebody needs to be held accountable.

All that being said, I think firing Muschamp is not the answer. Maybe, if there was a home run hire out there that would be a definite fit, and a definite success that would work. But there simply is not, so I agree with you we all need to weather this season, try to keep as much unity as possible.

Now back to the unprepared, Undisciplined claim. This is just ridiculous. Our defense, week after week struggles in the first quarter. Teams seemingly move the ball at will. This is simply coaching. It really bewilders me how people aren't taking shots at Durkin. If anybody on this staff appears to be in over their head it's Durkin. Week after week our defense doesn't show up until the second quarter. And yes, we have taken some hits as far as injuries go but it is just ridiculous how lackluster this highly talented defense has been. Mostly at linebacker, with Micheal Taylor and Morrison just looking like ragdolls.

Now for my solution, keep muschamp. Keep Durkin, I think a lot of the defense is probably managed by muschamp anyways. And Durkin will grow and learn. But the real change needs to be on offense. Bring in a Cam Cameron type guy. Relinquish Muschamp responsibility of the offense. Let him focus on defense. WM and Durkin will field A stellar defense. I feel like the offensive incompetence is keeping muschamp from guiding Durkin and the responsibility is just too much. So keep Muschamp, bring in somebody who will help him figure things out offensively. Keep joker. Lose pease and Davis. If Muschamp doesn't agree to make this change then let him go. But I see it as an oppurtunity for him to keep his job, and speed up his development process.

I think bringing in a Cam Cameron type guy will be extremely beneficial. An offensive guru will come, show Muschamp the ropes, and Muschamp will continue to evolve and we will still see success through his development. That way, we keep our coach and maintain the continuity this team has lacked the past decade. I don't think Brent Pease has enough to offer to provide this. Get rid of him. Even if the new OC only stays two years, that's two years for Muschamp to grow. WM has shown he can recruit, Shown he can field a top defense, all he's missing is that offensive perspective. Hes not ready to be managing an offense so bring somebody in that can and eventually Muschamp will get there. Now the question is who? Who can be our Cam Cameron that can come in and have our offense producing?
  3. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    I agree with the D starting slowly. I remember a graphic during the game where they talked about how the D held UGA to under 80 yds in the 2nd half. Two things when I saw that: 1) but the D allowed 335 yds to UGA in the 1st half, that's right, 335. 2) the D did great in the 2nd half, except the 4th quarter when we needed a stop & couldn't buy one, giving up over 9 minutes to UGA. Game over. But, with that said, just as the players said, the coaches put them in he right spots, they have to perform. It wasn't Muschamp or Durkin getting killed by Gurley, that was Riggs. He was owned that game. By and large I've liked the play calling on D, the execution isn't always there.

I look at it like this, we have a good D this year but a great one last year. We lost 2 safeties now starting in the league as well as 2 linebackers (1 starter) and our other dominant D tackle (we lost the other this year to injury). I think when Muschamps talented youth gets older, we again will have a great D.

Just as I don't think that we should can Muschamp this year, I don't think we should can Pease. He has had last year and this year. This year is an automatic mulligan. He is not above criticism though. The wildcat thing is mind boggling but in all honesty he has had a 3rd string QB to work with, a make shift o-line, no TE's and back up WR's that are forced to be #1 & #2 when they shouldn't be. I think he has tried to run what he wants but due to players, they had to "scale back" to be somewhat effective. I am looking forward to what his O will do with the horses to run it. Stanford looked like an offense that I would be proud to put on the field. I think we get there and then some. All I know is Saban wanted him badly and he has a pretty good track record for identifying staff talent. It is impossible to fairly judge him this year. Next year, different story. Now Davis, IDK. What I don't see are his guys rallying around him. If there is a change, I see it there.
  4. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +886
    I also think he gets a fourth year but your second sentence drives me crazy. The whole "you'd agree if you knew what you are talking about" is condescending and assuming. There are a lot of knowledgeable people out there that disagree that he should get another year, including former players with connections and intimately aware of what goes on behind closed doors.
  5. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +886
    My problem with Pease is purely based on results. Outside of one year as OC for Boise State where he had a fifth year senior NFL QB and NFL RB, his best offenses were mediocre and his average offense is terrible. I don't care if the guy can show you a lot of formations if it doesn't work.

I think it's in Muschamp's best interest to can Pease and Davis, and promote Joker to OC. Maybe Pease has been really unlucky in his career and could have a breakout season next year, but if you are Will do you put your job in the hands of Brent Pease? I'm not privy to what goes on behind open doors but I wouldn't. Of course, I wouldn't have hired him to begin with though.
  6. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +462
    It's a bit worrisome that both said they are 100% solid to us "right now".
  7. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +409
    The way that I see it is this, if they stay with us great, if they don't, the band plays on. We need to try and fix the problems we have, and if these guys want to help come in and fix it great if not, move on.
  8. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,819
    The problem we have is a serious lack of top tier talent... it would be hard to find a better trio of skill players than grier cook and lane. And also, I'm sure some off you are like myself and read anything gator recruiting I can, and if you read about these recruits, they like muschamp and his staff. T-Rob has completely locked down south Florida. He young and recruits can really relate. As well as coach lawing, d-lineman gravitate to this guy. We made the #1 one recruit in the nation final 3 having never even been to florida, not a fan. But because we hired coach lawing.

A lot of posters say that the kids should commit to the university not the coach which I can understand, but when thinking about it. It's not the university calling these kids every week asking them how they've been doing, how their family is, talk to the moms and dad's and promise to watch after their children. It's the coaches that gain their families trust, not a university. Not the president or even the AD. It's the coaches that the players build relationships with, up till the moment they sign the "university" had even as much spoke to the recruit, let alone done anything for them, it's the gator staff that reaches out to these kids and show them they can have great opportunities @ UF.

I completely understand that these recruits commit to a coach rather than a school, that being said, I believe if champ is fired before we sign this year's class both coach lawing and the biggest one coach T-ROB with both leave as well:( T-ROB was hired by champ from when they worked together at auburn so unfortunately if we lose him we would have a minimum of 5 players decomitting, off the top of my head would be cook, lane, wilson, lammons, JC Jackson, and dawson. Most likely grier as well. He was setting up visits with auburn just in case something"crazy" happens, im sure if the staff leaves he will find another taker for his skills.
  9. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,819
    Though Chris leak could seriously sway grier I do believe, he was in awe when those 2 met in person. So there is that.
  10. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    See this is how rumors start. Uninformed people spew off garbage and present it as they know what's going on.

We wouldn't lose Grier, wilson or dawson if we lost T-Rob.
  11. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +81
    Maybe Wilson, I'm pretty sure T-rob landed that trio, Lammons, Wilson, and Lane. Honestly though, Quincy Wilson appears to be all Gator. I think we would get him even if we did lose t-rob
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,819
    No I forgot to put IMO, but grier is more connected to champ/Pease but posted directly below that he really likes leak and can def. Be swayed to stay by him alone. same thing with dawson, he's been pretty solid but he's one that always speak of champ and the staff. But I believe those are decent sticks with good hire but those south Florida boys man, I tell ya its all about T-ROB for them. And I'm only basing that on OPINION from reading their interviews and following their twitter accounts. Quincy post pics of coach T-rob praising him as best in the biz. dont get me wrong we could keep them but the percentage swings the other way seriously. We've hadn't had good luck recruiting that area before we hired Miami - native T-ROB. He's been able to recruit those guys like we haven't had before. You should just see the stuff they tweet and get quoted in interviews, always a mention of him. So if he stays with out champ that's cool. But sometimes new staff means new staff. I would never start a rumor about our beloved university, I am just merely staying opinion and educated guesses by things I read from credible sources.
  13. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Who said T-Rob has to go if we get a new coach? Didn't WM keep Durkin and White when he got here?
  14. Itssaul

Itssaul VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Apparently DC was trolling
  15. demosthenes

Ratings Received:
    +886
    It seems like most new coaching staffs retain one or two coaches from the prior to maintain some form of continuity with the players and recruits. Since T rob is a dynamic recruiter and position coach I think he would be a likely candidate.
  16. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,819

Quincy Wilson Is the one I keep up on the most. He is a bit more entertaining to follow. I like him to stay but the kid had over 40 offers, so if his favorite college coach leaves and his friends bolt it's not like he is short on offers.