Steve Spurrier press conference after 35-28 win over UK must see lmao!!!

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Oct 6, 2013.

1. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
  2. Swamper

Swamper New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    south carolina seems to be in disarray with players doing what they want, coaches getting in fights on the sideline, spurrier getting liquored up on his coaches show, etc.
  3. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Good times!
  4. LurkerExposed

LurkerExposed Member

Ratings Received:
    +28
    Holtz' years above included two consecutive 5-7 seasons and then the season after that that finished with the on-field fight with Clemson, while Spurrier has never coached USC to a losing season. And 2010 was their first ever SEC divisional title, with Garcia, Lattimore, and Jeffery returning for 2011 with each being on pace of setting all-time USC offensive records. Why would Spurrier be fired at that point?

Holtz left Spurrier poor depth on the team overall including a poor OL. Spurrier (and mostly his OL coach John Hunt) didn't do themselves any favors at the OL position until Hunt was fired, and it severely hampered USC's offenses until Eric Wolford's lone year there in 2009 and Shawn Elliott's time there ever since beginning in 2010. The depth and coaching ability within the program has been on an up-trend ever since and the season results are reflecting that....
  5. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +822
    He won't be fired because people in Columbia aren't used to 10-win seasons. Had he been at Florida and was anyone but Steve Spurrier, his seat would have been roasting by 2008...
  6. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,029
    Was pretty funny watching him recant his prior comment on Clowney. I LOVE how he was constantly looking at the piece of paper, as if it was scripted and he didn't want to say it. Anyone else see that? I'm sure I'm wrong, but that's how it looked to me. Lol