Staying the course

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by LeafUF, Apr 29, 2012.

1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    But ... didn't you say your problem was in the summer?
  2. kalaniocc

kalaniocc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +934
    i think i am coming across a bit confusing. let me try to clarify:

when i was an undergrad at uf - i was always very fit. florida is mostly warm all year around which allows for the opportunity to swim, surf, etc all throughout the year (as you know). i lived in the estates and going to the pool was a frequent thing to do- so looking good in boardshorts was a priority. i also ran all throughout campus shirtless most of the year. the florida lifestyle was just conducive to being fit all the time.

my observations upon moving to utah- once winter hits, everyone layers up from october to may. the first couple years i lived here, i gained weight, wasn't as fit as florida throughout the year, so winters became a problem for me. the whole modesty thing utah has going on doesn't help either. anyway- summers aren't really a problem for me, it's just the winters. it takes more focus and drive when you can just as easily hide under a bunch of clothes, stay inside, and eat.

right now i am doing pretty well, but i need to stay consistent with it once the snow starts falling.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Ah yes, confused you with the OP.
    • Like Like x 1