Staver time?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GreenandScaly, Sep 7, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    One is not big enough yet and the other had to redshirt because of a foot injury. They are super young

The main problem is the talent. People talk about the D but Meyer left this team with great defensive players. He did not leave this team with great offensive players at any position. It also lacked depth. Muschamp had a total rebuild on the offensive side of the ball
  2. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Rebuild and switch offensive styles. My only thing is, we have young inexperienced talent just sitting on the bench and it seems to me that they couldn't be much worse than what we saw today if they were in the game. Give them reps and let these young guys grow up and hopefully lead us to the SEC champ game..Go Gators!
  3. WHGATOR

WHGATOR New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    We won't see better TE play because we don't have a threat at that position. They're just another blocker that might go out on a passing play. Trey needs to chip block at TE and get DM on the field more. Clay isn't cutting it.
  4. LanceT

LanceT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +936
    I understand the overall approach as to what is said....but it is 2013 and these athletes today are a different breed. They are mature and inept enough to play immediately and be effective. I.e. VH3, KT, etc not to mention the other 128 teams and all SEC schools. We have the players that can exceed whether Kelvin, DRob, Etc they just have to be implemented. Hell, if they drop the first one, give it right back to them. The bicycle mentality holds a lot of merit
  5. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Assuming we get Grier.
  6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,699
    Yeah...and that was another huge mistake.
  7. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    We have enough talent there to do better than we are.
  8. gator_in_georgia

gator_in_georgia Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395
    This was the question of every high school coach in Tennessee.
  9. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Give the next head coach 4 years with him? Good call, guys like Boom and Zook set things up well for the real coaches.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    you can say that about every unit on every team. We need more explosive players
  11. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    I really was against starting Max this early, but he can throw the slant , fade , and deep ball out of a shotgun two step drop. He can run when he needs to. His motion is more in step with Drew brees throwing motion. At this point -- I'd say go for it -- we don't have much to lose.
  12. gatorhwk

gatorhwk Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    Been here for two years and one is still not big enough? Might as well write him off right now.
  13. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    LOL.

1) Straver is the #4 QB on the roster. Some of the practice reports had him looking outright awful
    2) We have a SHITTON to lose. I'm not happy with Driskel at all, but we can still win a whole lot of games with him. You go all in with Straver, we could be looking at a losing season.
  14. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    We should have practiced passing against Toledo. But Will says this is the type of team he wants, 90 per cent running and a few behind the line passes to mix it up. Well, that doesn't work. Pease's play calling or Will's isn't good. When we pass, it looks like we don't know what we are doing. Leading with the run on every series gives a team your playing everything they need to know.

In the 3rd qtr. we pass twice to get down the field, then quickly reverse to what did not work all day, banging into the line. So now 3rd down and long, the pressure is on and we failed with the defense blitzing our QB. I guess opposing coaches really like Boom, he makes them feel secure in their jobs.

Miami now has momentum for recruiting and their season. Al Golden looks like a coach we could use. Oh well, Tenn. SC, Ga, FSU should get some help also. Let's spread it around.

Our macho run game is leading us to the bottom of the SEC east.

It's a game of points. Good Offenses help a defense. Offenses like ours make it worse. Kevin Sumerlin doesn't need 5 years, Al Golden, Jones Tenn. They don't make excuses. Now ours is telling us our players didn't execute. I don't call the plays, I don't lead them in practice, I don't say who starts, but I can pass blame. Pitiful, we can do better than this.
  15. Gator8239

Gator8239 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    How can Michigan take a receiver, move him to QB mid season last year, and somehow today he look superior than Driskel? Is T. Murphy not a more talented QB than a Michigan receiver?
  16. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    It's inexplicable how slow we are at developing an offense. Is our entire staff incompetent on that side of the ball?
  17. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    From what I understand, he is not. He had one other offer, Temple. Of course, you can't blame that on this coaching staff.....
  18. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +328
    Gardner was still a 4/5 star QB recruit I think. They just had him playing WR in the beginning of the season so he could make an instant impact.
  19. GatorMcCluskey

GatorMcCluskey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Driskel was awful today for the most part when we needed him to make plays - dumb red zone INT, fumble gifting Miami a score, terrible awareness. He hung tough and made some good throws at times, but he still makes the same panic decisions when things break down and just doesn't demonstrate the kind of consistency and poise you need out of a junior QB.

I don't think Murphy is the answer either, but if I were coach Muschamp I'd at least start considering giving him some time if Jeff continues to struggle like he did today.
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    Muschamp is not going to consider it. If anything they should tell Jeff to read half the field and run if it is not there. That is what a lot of teams do.