Staver time?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by GreenandScaly, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +185
    They sure did. Patton went over 100 yards which I never though I would ever see again from a Gator player. When's the last time that happened?
  2. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    Right. Driskel will still be here. Maybe he'll make a big step up, but currently our WRs and OLs are good enough to see better offensive production than we are getting.

Regardless, I don't think we should have to wait 4 years for us to go to the championship game.
  3. cudigator

cudigator Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Who goes to the nc that often? Outside of bama who's had some luck
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    We need to red-shirt him.
  5. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    I meant SEC.
  6. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +915
    Bingo!
  7. cudigator

cudigator Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Ohh ok. Understand that more
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    We wouldn't want him. We need team players not stat boys.
  9. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,778
    And they will score points when the talent is in place. Kids know they can play right away if they are good enough and as of right now recruiting is working
  10. GATORnGA31909

GATORnGA31909 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Look at Nick Marshall just throw a 60 yarder..perfect pass in stride for a TD..Look at all the bigtime QB's right now throwing big TD's..its evident Driskel just cant do this..he gets lucky on a throw or two but will never be a threat downfield and the other teams know it..We might of been able to run down the throats of everyone last year but good defenses will figure out how to stop it and this offense is shut down..you got to have the threat of the long ball to score points quickly..this score once a qtr with the run wont beat the top notch teams..I dont expect to ever see us winning a national title with this offense, regardless how good our defense is
  11. bposs

bposs Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +172
    How's that working out so far? I don't mean to be snippy, I'm just so frustrated with our offense these last three years. I'm sick of getting these highly recruited offensive players and than watching them turn into duds. It's a head scratcher to me.

With our talent we should have buried Miami today. Don't they have limited scholarship players? Did we not get an extra 2-3 weeks of practice last year cause we went to a bowl game, and they didn't? Now their program has new life, you just wait and see.
  12. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +185
    It's a line of scrimmage league....we need to win time of possession....we had to play that way so we can play this way the rest of the season....we need to slow down the tempo because of depth (that one is my favorite)....I miss any?

I don't want to talk too poorly of Muschamp, his defenses are unearthly. But his conservative, snooze fest approach on offense will eventually cost him a job. He now has lost a game every year he has been here that he should have won.
  13. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Jeff Driskel is our quarterback, this year and next year. Give him the Tennessee game to show what he's learned before completely writing him off.
  14. LTG61

LTG61 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Call me impatient, but "when the talent is in place" is getting old. The QB position is absolutely holding back the offense. I see good-to-excellent at every position except one: QB. And why UF hasn't (can't?) recruited a potentially startable QB every year is a mystery to me.

IMO, recruiting has worked great on defense, so-so on o-line, and poorly at QB. Hopefully Grier changes that. But unless he can start right away, UF's offense isn't going to improve until at least 2015.
  15. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,778
    You saw good TE play? We need more explosive football players. The team moved the ball today as wll they were just terrible in the red zone. We will see a much improved offense in 2014 if not get rid of the coach.
  16. GATORnGA31909

GATORnGA31909 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    Driskel taking shots like he did today it wont be long before he is injured and we will throw one of our other scholarship QB's who are worse than JD and lose even worse than today..We will be hurting for a few more years till the offense does anything nice, and by then it might be too late cause Muschamp might not make it, or we will suffer from another OC change and start all over again..this is a snow ball effect of crappy offense
  17. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    driskel is the only real QB on the roster---the other players don't have it yet
  18. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Waiting until 2014 just isn't good enough. If we aren't in contention for the SEC this season I think the fans are going to be too much for Will to deal with.
  19. Jonas

Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    We got the #1 and #2 TE two years ago. Maybe they are both busts, or maybe we aren't developing them? I think there has to be a lot of questions on the ability of our offensive coach. I like the Joker and White, but from a development perspective, I'm not sure about the rest.
  20. LTG61

LTG61 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Nope, sure didn't. Never meant to imply that I did. But, IMO we'd see better TE play if there was better QB play. Serious question: what will be the critical factor that changes next year and makes this a much improved offense?