Stats and Predictions

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ncgatorfan, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ncgatorfan

ncgatorfan Member since 1996 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +873
    I came across a cool website that collects stats and makes projections for the season (wins, tourney, etc.). It is presented in a dashboard like format which makes it easy to read and follow. Info looks like it is updated in real time so predictions adjust upon performance.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/florida-gators

Projection for the Gators right now (pre-tourney games): 25-6 (14-4), 2 or 3 seed, 30% chance to win conference tourney, 3% chance to win NCAA tourney.

Favorites to win it all at this time ... Louisville (13% chance), OK St (13%), Kansas (7%), Ohio St (6%)
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    I have used this site for a couple of years. It is statistically based just as KenPom.com is, but doesn't break down individual players on each team like Pomeroy does. It helped me a lot for my football pool this past season.
  3. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +409
    Such sites have considerably greater validity farther along in the year. Any analysis that is based on statistics absolute needs to wait until midway through the Conference Schedule to have any real validity.

Admittedly, it is frequently obvious which teams are strongest 10 games into the season, but a lot can change between now and the end of conference schedule.
  4. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +385
    Vegasinsider's gives the Gators a better chance at 20/1 to win the NCAA. Put your money on the Gators while the odds are so large. I suspect that by SEC tourney time the Gators will be at 15/1 or even 12/1 if Walker catches up quickly.
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/futures/
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. ncgatorfan

ncgatorfan Member since 1996 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +873
    Agree with most regarding the validity of the predictions. Still early in the season but for the most part the top teams have risen to the top 10-15 teams in no particular order. It's just another site that tracks performance that I thought was well laid out.
  6. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Now is the time to put $$$ on us. The pay off will most likely continue to drop as more people wake up and start putting bucks on us.
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,125
    That's a nice site with a good bit of info and a nice layout. Sos power ranking of #6 . . . not bad. I'm on record for having the Gators at 26-6, though I didn't realize the FL Southern game was exhibition, so I guess I'm on par with their 25-6 prediction. If they can do better than 14-4 in conference and win the tourney, we're good for a one seed, but realistically, I see us as a three, with decent potential for a two.