Stacey Dash: Obama administration a bunch of bullies.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Sep 27, 2013.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    Yes because we are currently having large scale race riots, which, of course, we have had in her lifetime. But I'm sure the LA riots and the Rodney King beating that set it off weren't really about race. Or they aren't as bad as now. Only set big chunks of LA on fire due to the racial issues.

Sounds like she knows she has a captive audience that will believe ridiculous things because it is confirmation of what they want to think and has figured out how to exploit that audience.
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,918
    Lol... You mean blowup doll? :whistle:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,063
    But is she "hot" enough to be considered authoritative?
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    I think a strong argument can be made that this might be the case. Putting aside the conspiratorial stuff, entertainment firms are profit maximizers. They hire people based on profile and talent. Clearly, none of this has anything to do with talent. So lets talk about profile. Do you think if a relatively minor actress, most known for her work in a relatively high profit but historically unimportant move almost 20 years ago now, would gain much profile for saying "I like Obama." Do you think a liberal would have run to this message board to tout this opinion? Probably not (considering we really don't see a lot of liberals posting actor/actress opinions as threads on here).

However, as she said something that would not on face be expected, we have Conservatives running to post her name on a message board. Certainly looks good for her profile. Plus, she gets to be the embraced victim of some form of mass conspiracy, assuring that the valence for those people would be relatively positive.

Essentially, if you think of actors and actresses as firms selling her services, she is a very small firm attempting to carve out a niche strategy due to an inability to compete with the bigger firms. She doesn't need wide-spread positive valence, only positive valence within a small subset of the population, which she is getting (as evidence by this thread and the linked article). Often, this is an economically optimal strategy for small firms.
  5. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    You honestly think she is that manipulative and calculating? And i thought i was skeptical. It sounds like she is just being honest and candid. I think she exaggerated, but if you've ever had a conversation with anyone about anything, you'll know that is a pretty common thing
  6. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    How do you know she's even trying to act anymore? You jump through a lot of hoops to make a lot of assumptions about someone I'm sure you probably know very little about in reality, seemingly just because she said something you disagree with. Is it possible she's just being genuine? How could you not even consider that a possibility?
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    I think a lot of behavior happens in a calculated manner, even if that calculation is made at a subconscious level. People tend to economically optimize as best as they can within their cognitive limitations, often without even knowing it.
  8. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Lol, do what? I think calculation occurs on a subconcious level for alot of things, we also apparently have little to no control over our subconcious. If by calculation you mean just the formation of something, then sure, we're all 'calculating' all of the time. But clearly that's not the type of calculation im talking about when calling someone, 'calculating.'

You're essentially saying she's unknowingly being calculated, which is just kind of silly. The whole idea of someone being calculated is that they've consciously made an effort to plan something out in a precise way.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    I have no idea whether she knowingly or unknowingly took the calculated step of becoming a niche brand. In the end, I don't particularly care. My point is that regardless of conscious calculation, behavior often exhibits patterns of economic rationality (although certainly this is not always true). In this case, I think a very strong argument can be made that she is doing just that, regardless of the presence or lack of conscious intent.

The transmission of highly exaggerated conservative political thought might not benefit Matt Damon (for example). However, it could certainly be beneficial to a fringe actor or actress attempting to carve out a niche.
  10. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    How does a C-list actress who is genuinely interested in politics and speaks her mind look different from a C-list actress calculatingly and consciously trying to create a 'niche brand' by talking politics?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    It doesn't. Welcome to the meta-entertainment world of "reality."
  12. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +447
    Anyone who watched the debates including Obama's and Biden's and reads the hating accusations "arsonists", "terrorists" etc....., using the IRS to kill free free speech, the NSA to spy on citizens, the comment about "getting revenge", extorting banks and small business, slamming Fox News for exposing the truth, the list is endless.

It starts from the narrcissistic and mean spirited President, down to Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren, Kathleen Sebelius, Lois Lerner, and Eric (I will use the law to suppress free speech) Holder.....

The liberals running government today are angry, power hungry, selfish people.

:smoke:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    You feel that you have the authority to speak to internal psychological motives of people while not being able to remember their names? Maybe you should be able to actually name them before you comment on their internal psychological makeup.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,468
    Man, you must be really glad the old Treasury Secretary, Timbuktu Gatherer or whatever, isn't back.
  15. ncbullgator

Ratings Received:
    +447
    So I misspelled a few names while I got interrupted working.

Of course, you and the professor, Ben, cannot defend the bullying by this administraion so you attack the messenger.

That's who you are. You are pathetic.

:sick:
  16. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    It is for the washed up. Who was looking for the following before they made it to Fox:

Dennis Miller
    Victoria Jackson
    Jon Vogt

And now Stacey. All people who could no longer find work until they started sucking the Murdoch teat.
  17. ncbullgator

Ratings Received:
    +447
    And think of all of those liberals who are now sucking the tit of government.

:no:
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +977
    But of course, we should only evaluate your complete inability to spell names (but still spell the other words correctly) and not think that if you are unable to effectively remember their names, maybe your thoughts about them really aren't worth all that much.

BTW, I didn't attack the messenger but the veracity of your message given the inability to effectively convey a message. You attacked the messenger. I am pretty sure by your standards, that would make you pathetic. But I am certainly not attacking the messenger here, just applying your standards to yourself.
  19. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,328
    [​IMG]
  20. ncbullgator

Ratings Received:
    +447
    All that typing and you did not make a meaningful point in the entire paragraph. I conveyed the message quite well citing specific people and specific circumstances.

You know they are bullying assholes. But your closed liberal mind doesn't not allow you to admit it. Instead of arguing the people and circumstances mentioned, you attack the messenger.

It's like free speech. Liberals detest free speech. That's why they hate Fox News and Limbaugh so much.

Frauds.

:sick:
    • Like Like x 1