Spurrier rips national media

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorChamp96, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,003
    They were both failures at Washington, but Shanahan was a very successful head coach in the NFL. Shanahan also had at least one good season with the Deadskins as well...
  2. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +179
    IMHO acting like he didn't start it to begin with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 using Gator Country
  3. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    The other odd aspect to his "not wanting to play" is that he didn't let the coaching staff know he wasn't playing until shortly before the game. One could argue that he himself didn't know and waited as long as possible to see if he could play but Clowney himself apologized for waiting so long to let them know.
  4. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +628
    The media is all about hate. Hate sells.

Spurrier was probably just speaking for the whole coaching staff after the game about their shock over Clowney not playing ... if you believe ESPN headlines.

Not that it was needed, but he clarified his comments perhaps the next day or two. There was obvious miscommunication in the program regarding Clowney's health the day of the game. Clowney took part of the responsibility. The trainer didn't seem to be proactive that day for whatever reason.

This is so overblown, just like him supposedly being out of shape during the NC game, which was the hottest day of the summer in Columbia apparently.
  5. tedunderhillstab

tedunderhillstab New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I think he is right.

I think he was disgusted after they let Kentucky back in the game and he was in a piss poor mood after the game. His statement about Clowney came off a chippy, as he has done many times as UF and USC coach.

However, he is totally right that the National Media built Clowney up into an "unstoppable force". From the second their hype hit the crescendo, they have been wanting to chip away at the kid. To me ESPN and the rest of the College Football Media is getting a little too TMZ.

I don't think Clowney is really playing that bad. I think he should be asking his fellow defensive players, WHERE ARE YOU. He is taking on 2 and 3 players per play.
  6. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +628
    Honestly, I find TMZ to be more intellectually stimulating than ESPN. ESPN has become way too political for me.
  7. GatorChamp96

GatorChamp96 Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    The biggest failure is Dan Snyder. The longer that loser is there, no coach will ever be successful.
  8. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,003
    No doubt about that, but SOS was no NFL coach. Snyder loves to meddle, however. he's like a fan, wants success NOW and gets upset when he doesn't immediate achieve it.