Spring High School Showcase Events

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by llm85, Apr 18, 2014.

1. llm85

llm85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +544
    Here's an excerpt from today's Louisville Courier-Journal:

Hoetzel [an Indiana signee] and Florida signee Brandone Francis tied for the top preliminary score of 15 points and advanced to Friday night's final round, to be held at halftime of the Derby game. Johnson [an Indiana signee] and Louisville signee Quentin Snider of Ballard High also made the finals. They each scored 13 in the first round, then nine each in a 30-second tiebreaker to eliminate Florida signee Chris Chiozza, who scored seven.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...pshooter-hoetzel-ready-join-hoosiers/7854101/
  2. tampajack1

tampajack1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +269
    Anyone know if there is a way to see this game on TV or Internet?
  3. tampajack1

Ratings Received:
    +269
    Devin Robinson also is playing in this game. Chiozza, Francis and Robinson are on the same team. It would be great to be able to watch this game.
  4. ldne224

ldne224 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I don't have a link yet, but WDRB in Louisville is broadcasting and streaming the game online. I may be able to find a link closer to game time, or you can just go to WDRB.com when the game will start.
  5. tampajack1

Ratings Received:
    +269
    Thanks. Any idea if you can also stream it after the game is played? I am attending the Rays game tonight.
  6. ldne224

ldne224 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    That I don't know, I'll try to keep an eye on it.
  7. ldne224

ldne224 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
  8. LetItFly

LetItFly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +221
  9. ldne224

ldne224 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Game is over now. Typical no-defense all star game, so hard to really judge players, but a few observations. Our guys looked good. They did full 5 for 5 subs all game, so Francis never played at the same time as Robinson and Chiozza (who played together the whole game).

Francis looks ready to play decent minutes at the 2 for us. He hit a few catch-and-shoots and created his own shot on drives. When he was out of the game, he was standing and cheering often for the other guys. Showed a lot more spirit and passion than most of the other players and just looked like he was having a good time.

Robinson played well and made a number of highlight plays. He drained a three right when he stepped in the game. Had some strong drives to the basket and several huge dunks. Often looked like he was trying to do too much and made a mistake, but you could really say that about anyone in the game. Definitely does not look ready to play any minutes at the 4 (way too skinny), would think strictly a 3 (for at least one season), but most of us expected that. The game commentators said NBA scouts were in attendance at practices and that the scouts said he was the best player there.

Chiozza looked like what you want in a point guard. He was constantly setting up Robinson for big plays. Made a number of good passes. Could penetrate into the lane at will, but could not really good shots up due to his height. Will need to develop some sort of layup where he shields the ball, but I'm sure Kasey can help him out in that regard.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. llm85

llm85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +544
    Thanks for the analysis. I only got to see a little of it.
  11. Bullis33

Bullis33 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +831
    Watched and concur with all your thoughts...if Francis comes in with good attitude, he is playing next season...so versatile, able to play PG or SG, set others up/run a fast break as primary ball handler, and already a thick SG body...we have not had a playmaking SG his size in quite some time...most have been shooters like MF, or undersized like KB (who was still great)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bradass

Bradass Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +810
    He's about the same size as Beal, right? Maybe a little taller?
  13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +176
    Yeah Brad I think he is 6-4 to 6-4 and 1/2"
  14. themistocles

themistocles Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    Thanks for the analysis.

I may be wrong, but I think that all three of these kids will see action next year, although none may see more than 10-15 minutes per game.

I look for Robinson to get the most time, simply because unless Frazier or DFS play a decent amount of time at the 3 (neither of which I expect to see much of), his major competition will be Devon Walker, who should be decent but not a star.

Francis will get time, but he will have to split that time with Frazier and likely Eli Carter, plus possibly Graham.

Chiozzo will play because although Kasey Hill is likely to get most of the PG minutes, with perhaps Carter sharing some, Billy D will surely want to develop his future PG.

So, whether they are ready or not, I think all of them will get minutes, although hopefully Billy D will not be forced to use any of them a lot.