Speedy Noil scouting report: Explosive 2014 wide receiver

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, May 22, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/5/3/4297960/-devante-speedy-noil-scouting-report-football-recruiting-2014

Speedy Noil scouting report: Explosive 2014 wide receiver

Name: Devante "Speedy" Noil

School and hometown: Ednar Karr High School in New Orleans, Louisiana

Position: Wide receiver

Height and weight: 5'11 and 175 pounds

Ratings: A consensus four-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings, 247Sports has Noil as a five-star prospect. He's the no. 55 player nationally in the former rankings, as well as the no. 5 wide receiver and no. 6 player in state of Louisiana.

Offers: The Edna Karr product has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, and USC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxsP6l0OTpg&feature=player_embedded

Scouting Report:

A big play waiting to happen who often spent time at quarterback as a junior, Noil projects as a slot wide receiver in college who has the potential to score from anywhere on the field. Physically, he's on the small size in terms of pure height and weight, but he has a sturdy frame that should be able to remain durable in college because he is hardly slight.

A member of Karr's nationally-elite 400m relay team and an excellent long and triple jumper, Noil is a superlative athlete who has the speed to cut all the back across the field and still make plays, a practice he may have to tone down a bit in college.

As a receiver, his speed off the ball makes him a dangerous threat, especially when projecting him in the slot where he will have a two-way go against opposing defensive backs, which will make it difficult to defend him in man coverage without a safety highly aware of his presence.

He appears to be most effective on post routes and deep comebacks in high school as a result of his speed. Because of his acceleration and feet, he also projects favorably in college as someone who can get open on double moves. A lack of experience at wide receiver means that Noil will need to spend some time working on the craft of route running at the next level.

When Noil has the ball in his hands and can find a crease, his first step explosiveness and top-end speed are elite -- even if college there may be only be a few defensive players in the country who will be able to catch him from behind with an angle.

An elusive player who with remarkable lateral quickness, Noil can also cut in the open field without losing much, if any, speed, a big part of the reason why 247Sports has him ranked as the top wide receiver in the country.
  2. UberTiger

UberTiger New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LSU lock. :)
  3. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +390 / 12 / -3
    14-6. LOL.
  4. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370 / 3 / -0
    Lay off the crack son. It's bad for ya.
  5. gatormoe1

gatormoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone mention 14-6 yet?
  6. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29 / 7 / -1
    I haven't watched his film but everything I read I can't help but envision a faster version of Alvin Bailey. Are they similar athletes?

FWIW, I firmly believe AB will be a monster once we get our vertical passing game worked out.
  7. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    Bailey will help move the chains dont know about vertical passing game. Noil is just a better overall athlete than Bailey but that is a decent comparison. The only reason I think we have a 5 percent chance is because Noil doesn't care about what anybody else says. He has to be the most cocky/ confident kid in the 2014 class. What is crazy is if Noil goes to LSU he could be the 3rd best WR in their class this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRsSTVawVA
  8. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +29 / 7 / -1
    Thanks AZ. It wont allow me to view video on my cell so ill watch it later. Do you see Speedys attitude becoming problematic for whomever he signs with?

I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by this kid. It is amazing that he may be the 3-4 th best receiver to possibly sign w LSU. I have no doubt Les will screw a couple of them up...I.e., Russell Sheppard. ;) LOL I still can't believe he fell for "the banana in the tailpipe " (come to lsu, well let u play QB! RIIIIGHT
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +590 / 32 / -7
    LSU is hard enough to compete with outside of their state. I will never count on a Louisiana player until the ink on his UF LOI is dry and both with both his parents standing behind him. Only problem they seem to have is keeping players away from Texas A&M. We created a monster letting them into the SEC.

Noll is truly great, and I'm thankful we signed a class of DBs that should be able to handle him, but I'll settle for Ermon Lane and wait patiently for George Campbell, who I think will be the best WR to come out of Florida in a decade or more.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    you never know about the attitude our coaches had a hard time with the Easley Floyd Powell Elam crew. I think Noil will play right away so it wont matter
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    If they get all of their WR targets it is going to be hard to cover all of those guys. Ermon is going to be hard to pull but at least we are still in it right now. There are going to be a lot of good WR's in the state next year headlined by these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbqqqqVunY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdc3lL1ai3s
  12. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +390 / 12 / -3
    Noil's stride reminds me of James Clark's. Damn you, Urbs!
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +590 / 32 / -7
    I know it's a cliche, but Campbell is truly a freak. I hope he and Grier hook up on Twitter soon.
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    Grier needs to worry about this years class and getting Artavis Scott
  15. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    Anybody know much about KD Cannon? Has us in top 12 and I know he's good just haven't watched much film
  16. gator1986

gator1986 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +463 / 13 / -7
    That's what I'm talking about... Grier needs to get on the ball here..
  17. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/05/karrs_devante_speedy_noil_down.html

Karr's 'Speedy' Noil narrows list to LSU, Texas A&M, USC and Florida

Video Interview

http://video-embed.nola.com/services/player/bcpid1949030309001?bctid=2347155737001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRMTE~,BWCCSzT6s9kk8xlYY9rVrKw3SC5F9_7L

Karr five-star athlete Devante "Speedy" Noil may have shut down his recruiting process until the summer, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a list of finalists.

Noil said Thursday afternoon the top four schools he is considering are, in no particular order, LSU, Texas A&M, USC and Florida. "I just want to see what each school offers me and what's the best choice for me," said Noil, who is the No. 3 prospect in the NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune Nifty 50.

The 6-foot, 180-pound Noil also is looking forward to going to Nike's The Opening this summer, when the shoe and apparel giant hosts the top 150 prospects across the nation at its headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. Noil said he's eager to show what he can do at wide receiver against some of the best players in the country.

"By me being a five-star at wide receiver, a position I didn't play since I played quarterback, I like that," Noil said. "I want to make the top cornerbacks coming against me look bad and embarrass them. I just want to show out."

Florida wants to try and put me in the backfield and running the Wildcat, but that's not something I'm interested in," Noil said. "I'm interested in playing wide receiver only."
  18. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +460 / 11 / -5
    "Florida wants to try and put me in the backfield and running the Wildcat, but that's not something I'm interested in," Noil said. "I'm interested in playing wide receiver only."

That's a somewhat surprising statement. I don't know if I've ever heard of a playmaker wanting to limit the ways he gets the ball in his hands.
  19. gatormoe1

gatormoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +32 / 0 / -0
  20. lurkingator1

lurkingator1 -,~--~,< … Go Gators, Living among the savages Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +825 / 35 / -29
    with a name like that I thought he would end up a Nole