Solutions to better race relations...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Jul 16, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    There has to be solutions. We spend a great deal of time pointing out differences and wrongs but what if we all spent the same time looking for solutions? My first instinct was, no way will race relations ever be great because of this this this this. But, we have blacks and whites working together in sports, on films, in music, ect. I watched the film about the football team where D Washington I think became coach. The team was able to work together, took some time but they did.

What will it take to live in harmony and stop hating each other or injecting poison when we ought to work towards coming together. Listen, we all were created by God and Jesus died for each and every one of us. Hopefully we can stop talking at each other and really try to start talking to each other.
  2. HudsonGator

HudsonGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,080
    Get the admin out of here and it will get better. They have fractured this country so bad and taken back race relations 50 years.
  4. bposs

bposs Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +423
    I'll be honest, I've been thinking about this for days. How can I, a white man, make thing better? I work hard for my family, serve an amazing God, home school my kids, pay my taxes, follow my country's laws, help others when in need, take responsibility for my actions, live within my means, love my wife and kids, and occasional go fishing. To be frank, I'm a little wore out.

I grew up in Sanford, never had issues with any race, nor do I now. I'm just not sure what else I can do.
  5. ElimiGator

ElimiGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +110
    dadx4^^This and the media stoking the endemic disease to pandemic proportions.
  6. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +505
    We could start by having overpaid black athletes not twitter stupid comments just because a jury didn't convict a Hispanic guy they decided they hated.
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Sorry, but it will not happen until the racial "activists" can no longer fleece the liberal white elite for funds every time a "bankable" incident occurs. This (the Trayvon Martin incident) has been and continues to be a "profitable" event for the Rent a Riot Race Baiting Reverends.
  8. candymanfromgc

Ratings Received:
    +505
    How about not having a racist President and AG. That would be a great start.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    You provided the solution!
  10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +449
    What do those that work together have in common? They are all working for a common goal.
  11. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,891
    Classic projection

The solution is to look in the mirror
  12. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +859
    How will believing that particular Christian dogma be a solution? What practical answer does it provide?
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Pretty easy once you have humbled yourself to the amazing grace and sovereignty of God.

supremacy of man vs Supremacy of God

We live in a depraved world and until Jesus returns there will unfortunately be racial prejudices and racism...
  14. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,891
    How quickly white conservatives have picked up the victim role that they once championed against

These bad race relations aren't broadly a white/black thing, but specifically a conservative white versus black thing...it's conservatives constantly pointing the finger at blacks and its been the conservative social mindset through out our history that fought to prevent racial progress

Obama has not personally strained race relations, his election just brought out what was already there. Prejudice and blame.

Take some freakin responsibility instead of giving away your power so easily!!!
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    While I don't agree with your premise. I am curious...

Do you think the DOJ will investigate the alleged attacks in the name of Martin for civil rights violations?
  16. candymanfromgc

Ratings Received:
    +505
    Sorry Junior, you and the rest of the liberals have created this. You convinced blacks that they could not succeed on their own. They needed quotas and affirmative action. Forced hiring takes incentive out of preparing for the work place. You get a job because the employer has to hire you or I can go on some liberal government assistance program. Liberalism is and has been the biggest hindrance for blacks to overcome and only when they, as many are beginning to do,understand that they can achieve success just like any other person in this country and don't need some crying ass hand holding liberal to do it for them they will rise out of the projects and overcome the liberal mindset they have been indoctrinated with.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,039
    I think the bigger issue is how why stop racism from being taught within black communities. The liberals have enabled it for decades because it fits their adgenda. What is sad, is that there may have been or could be in the future, some kid in those projects who could have the ability to find a cure for cancer, but thanks to our liberal society and the race hustlers, these kids will be kept in the ghettos as pawns. I think there is great opportunity for this Country to see black communities become successful American communities. We are all American's but unfortunately certain political groups and people continue he to line their pockets. Kind of like Obama, always campaigning and acting like their are unseen forces preventing him from succeeding. The liberals have gotten very good at this game.
  18. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +859
  19. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    It's simple. People in power prey on minorities of low socioeconomic status for votes, dollars, power, and prestige. It's as simple as that.

It's class warfare sliced and diced another way.

It comes down to those folks in a position of power persuading the poor that they are victims. That someone is out to get them. Depending on the theme or the subgroup the boogeyman can e wall st, Walmart, conservatives, the police, whites, the rich, etc.

While class is the easy target, all groups get played by the elites. An obvious case here is foreign policy. There is always a boogeyman

Its all the same play book.
  20. gatorplank

gatorplank Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +523
    Christianity allows us to perceive other Christians as brothers and sisters in the family of God. That is a bond that triumphs over the divisions of racism. I know this personally because I live with a black man. We treat one another like brothers because we are brothers in the family of God. And when we wrong one another we understand that justice has been served because Jesus paid for our sins. So we forgive one another because we know that justice has already been served for the wrongs that we do to one another.

This past week my parents housed some Christian campus ministers from South Africa. All four of them were black. I spent a lot of time with them. The common bond that we have with our Savior brought us together. We went to show them the Swamp. We walked some stadiums and then we prayed together in North Endzone stands at the very top as the sun was setting. We prayed for their ministry in South Africa, and we prayed for race relations here in the United States and in South Africa. It was something that was a great joy to be apart of.