soccer fans-sir alex retires

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by buckeyegator, May 8, 2013.

1. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    the only coach, imo, in american sports that i can think of that rivals this is phil jachson .who do you think, and who, if you are a united fan, would you like to see replace him.early money is on moyes from everton, with the "special one" always in the picture, do you think a tie to united is needed?
  2. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,427
    I'm surprised Urban Meyer isn't interested.

With the resources at United's disposal, the talent they have and a lack of genuine competition of any real depth outside the top 3 or 4 in the Premier League, it seems like the ideal place for him. ;)

Being serious though I'll be stunned if Mourinho is chosen. Moyes is successful, loyal, accomplished and he won't rock the boat like JM would. I'd also imagine Sir Alex will have quite the say in who gets appointed which also helps Moyes' position.
  3. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,585
    I saw this pop up on the bottom line as breaking news this morning and all I could say was "Who?"
  4. gtj31

gtj31 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    I think it is Moyes. Mourinho is not a United man imo. He is an egotistical maniac that behaves like a pubescent 15 year old. United, though I am far from a United fan, have too much class for such a coach. Pep would fit but he is at Bayern for the next 3-5 years. I think Moyes is the only reasonable option and I think he would do well as I believe he has overachieved with the Toffees.
  5. gatorca14

gatorca14 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +202
    It seems pretty certain to be Moyes. He is a good manager, no doubt, but there are questions about his lack of experience in European competition. Ferguson also was great with managing a large squad and rotating his players and keeping most of them happy. That's something not all managers are capable of. The timing of Ferguson's announcement makes sense, given that he is retiring on top after their title. The EPL could look very different next year with Mourinho coming to Chelsea most likely and United having a new manager.