So who voted to allow poor children to starve?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorstooth, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Do we have American kids dying of starvation?
  2. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    So who hoped that a Republican staffer's children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/359087/communications-chair-sacramento-county-dems-wishes-death-cruz-speechwriters-kids

Would that be worse than starving?
  3. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +453
    Here's a quick 41 million that can be cut with no one going hungry!

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/11/taxpayers-spend-41-3-million-in-a-year-to-advertise-food-stamps-a-6-fold-increase-over-last-decade/
  4. wcj786

wcj786 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +124
    What is immoral is that people like you think it is completely moral and right to steal more from the "rich" and give it to the poor. Name me ONE time in the Bible where Jesus stated that "rich" people were required by God to give more percentage-wise to the church or state than poor people. You can't, because there is no such passage.

Jesus talked about it being harder for a "rich" person to let go of their possessions than a poor person, but He never stated that the rich should have to give a higher percentage of their wealth than the poor person.

I have not bothered to read the article, because I can get the gist of it through yours and other liberals' posts. It is nothing but class envy and bigotry. You think that the government should take from the "rich" and give to the poor. Turn that same thing around and you probably also believe that White people should be forced to give money to Black people.

Do you see what I did? I compared your bigoted, class envy comments to racists comments. There is no difference in the level of hypocrisy you are spewing.

I would suggest you actually READ your Bible or borrow one from someone if you do not have one to actually UNDERSTAND what Christianity and biblical teachings preach. While no Christian is perfect, it is fairly clear that the liberals who continually spout off about Christians don't know what the hell they are talking about.
  5. Rawpimple

Rawpimple Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +48
    Amazing. Truly amazing. The far left loons are going to run the democratic party into the ground unless the rational democrats take the reins back.

Forgot personal responsibility. Forgot holding the poor person who decided to have 10 kids they could not emotionally and financially support responsible. People making these types of decisions are reprehensible. There are always people who fall on hard times and safety nets need to be available but there are also plenty of people ruining humanity by procreating at extraordinary levels and creating spawn with no love, support or hope and whom eventually have a high risk of becoming massive burdens to society.

Not to mention this newer entitled generation of kids is going to destroy this country.

Just sickening to read. Even more sickening to read the far left loon responses. Ohhh but they an feel so self important thinking these things and sticking up for the little people. Meanwhile they are taking every tax break possible and living in luxury. The far left hypocrisy is just as bad or worse than the far right religious zealot with 15 mistresses.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +546
    Excellent post. Reps.
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Great post.
  8. bposs

bposs Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    Christians should and do take care of the poor. Liberals problem is they make Govt their god. When I give to the needy it not only helps them, but it changes my heart also. That doesn't happen when you pay higher taxes to Uncle Sam for all these programs. Lets be honest, these programs are about getting votes.

I'm camping right now, and I ain't allowed to feed the wildlife? Know why? Cause they become dependent and lose their will to hunt. Same thing is happening in our society. No one knows the value of hard work these days. There are so many hand out programs, people just live off the govt. that can't last forever folks.
  9. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    I believe Michelle wants U.S. children to slim down.
  10. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,666
    What demagoguery, what bilge this whole thread. Rests on the contemptible fabricated premise that the very first dollar the government doesn't spend is food out of someone's mouth -- a lie from the first word.
  11. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

Yeah, but the "solutions" are never designed those specific situations...they just cut funding blindly.

Voting results say that those poor don't agree with you.

Far right hypocrisy is claim "Jesus" but vote for taking away assistance to the most needy.

The "overspending" explanation is BS when the funding being cut has no material impact on the supposed goal.

Then it becomes nothing more than cutting off food for the poor.

Call it what you want...despicable, immoral, whatever....

What it most certainly is putting more people in a fragile situation in terms of them eating a normal meal.

Pat yourself on the back....you haven't done one thing to address the budget problem but more people will go hungry.
  12. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +603
    Posted earlier: "Pat yourself on the back....you haven't done one thing to address the budget problem but more people will go hungry."

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?p=6830517#post6830517#ixzz2fUpz5nEY

You don't know that to be true. Maybe:
    A neighbor will help out directly.
    The person will make a new decision and earn the money needed.
    A church or local food bank will give them charity.
    A preacher will pray over a few loaves and fish and a miracle will occur.
    The Federal government program not having as much money does not automatically mean more people will go hungry..it just means there's less money in the program.

Again, I believe there to be AMPLE examples of corporate welfare that can be addressed too at the same time; but, please spare us the hysteronics - they've been tried for 30 years and they are getting stale. We know...Bush's fault/republicans pushing grandma over the cliff/stealing children's lunch money. We get it. We are an evil scourge on society and one glorious day the government will see to it that we are stripped of all our possessions and all made equally poor - has a familiar ring to it, doesn't it?
  13. imagatorholic

imagatorholic VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Here are my first hand observations in the criminal justice system. Many years ago I used to see prosecutions for food stamp fraud. I haven't seen a single case in probably 5 years. No one is attempting to locate or prosecute food stamp fraud because the agenda has been to encourage everyone remotely eligible to become a person indebted to big government.

Secondly, 1% is a ludicrous number for fraud. Food stamp trades for alcohol and drugs by the addicts is common. The common way they accomplish this is by either handing their card to the dealer to use or just standing in front of a store and making up some story and finding a greedy shopper willing to use the card and hand a smaller amount of cash to the fraudster.

As for the Bible and it's teachings regarding poverty and feeding the hungry those who had land or livestock were required to give a tenth to the go to the storehouse (NOT the church as it is taught today). Out of those goods the tribe of Levi that included the priests and those who ran the government that didn't get any of the actual physical land were given food. The poor also were given food out of the storehouse (how much and how often I don't know).

Additionally, landowners who grew crops would leave gleanings ... a percentage of the crop when harvested for the poor.

What are the answers? It is a complex issue because societally the hardworking, self reliance and aversion to handouts is being replaced by an expectation that government is supposed to be our nanny. That never was God's plan for man... if a man doesn't work neither does he eat.

Personally I love those who are developing community gardens and teaching the poor how to raise their own food and work together with others on a common cause. Of course, Big Agriculture is working diligently to make having gardens illegal as well!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +471
    I just wish 996 would/could get this.

Well said.
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,699
    how could any self conscious person encourage generational dependency with no guidance towards true freedom? we dont feed wild animals lest they loose their ability to take care of themselves but we enciurage and reward dependence and irresponsibiity for our population
  16. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +986
    Not a chance.
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,699
    good stuff
  18. Rawpimple

Rawpimple Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +48
    More votes and ways to keep their jobs and that is the sad state of our country.
  19. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Yet these same people continually vote to increase farm subsidies...
  20. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,028
    Quite true, and I don't see a Democratic equivalent