So, what kind of team are we?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by CAGator93, Aug 31, 2013.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,642 / 63 / -9
    Did you watch the USCe game last year? Just curious.
  2. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 3 / -2
    UGa and USc have unanimously been picked 1-2 in the East with most picking UGa but some picking USc. I didn't think USC was all that impressive against UNC after the first quarter or so. And if Shaw runs like he did against UNC he isn't going to last the season.

I'll wait to see what UGa looks like tonight and what we look like against Miami but I really think we have the potential to beat UGa and USC.
  3. gator1986

gator1986 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +470 / 15 / -7
    Oh I definitely agree I think Florida can easily beat both. I love that all the "experts" have forgotten about Florida.
  4. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +160 / 9 / -1
    I agree, don't see how people seem to think USCe is a step up from UF, teams look pretty similar to me, UF's D might be slightly better, but USCe's O alittle more multi-dimenasional

UGA is all offense, and its a hell of an offense, but I want to see their D at least look halfway decent before I put them 1 in the East.

USCe and UGA do not worry me in the least...
  5. jbaker07

jbaker07 Member

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know we throttled USCe last year, but you have to admit that we were quite fortunate with how many turnovers they committed. I am not saying that we can't or won't beat them this year, but I expect that the Gators will be in for a slugfest in Columbia.

We are still only one game into the season, but it wouldn't surprise me if USCe is the most complete SEC team we will play in the regular season. They have two quarterbacks who are quite capable and their defense should be very good as well (I heard that Clowney fellow is pretty good).

Not to mention they have a certain ex-Gator as their head coach.
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +595 / 32 / -7
    We seem to be a more disciplined team, fewer dumb mistakes on offense, offsides, delay of game and holding calls. If we get similar results from our RB position and Valdez continues what he started today, we'll be improved over last year.