So tell me why I should renew my season tickets?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by BobK89, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    Sure, if they play good.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,527

I sort of feel the same way. CFB has become a multi-billion dollar industry with athletic programs like UF's having annual budgets coming close to what ($80 - $100 million?). It's not the fans' fault that money is the bottom line in CFB today and the fans are a huge source for that revenue.

It was a heck of a lot cheaper attending games in the 1979 season when we went 0-10-1 as compared to this year.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +495
    This is pretty pathetic post. Getting sick of this bs . Nice friggin fan base.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  4. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    So as a 19 year season ticket holder I should just keep paying and not expecting to be entertained?

I asked posters to be the UAA and tell me why I and all season ticket holders should renew. By your rationale I should just keep paying for tickets and a booster fee and keep my mouth shut.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
    • Like Like x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. BigSlick

BigSlick Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    This is crap, I missed the part in the Gator fan guide that says you're not a fan unless you pay for tix the rest if your life! And it's not just the tix price it's gas to and from the game, tailgating (which is harder to do due to lack of parking) and other things. And how many tix do you have and for how long? This is now how this site determines your fandom!
  6. swamp1

swamp1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +56
    Let me tell you, Bob, I speak from experience. I've sat on the 40 yard line for 32 years as a booster...section 36. My ticket package/fees are about $2400 right now. Anyone telling you to keep your seats in 326 or wherever, and please do not take this disrespectfully as it's not meant as such, is kidding themselves. In 1995 and 1996, I had the same seats, same booster class, same points nonsense... AND the UAA sold me tix to the MNC and SECCG. Fast forward to 2006 and 2008 and they locked me out-refused tickets....citing all that points nonsense. That's why I'm not renewing, it has nothing to do with the current state of affairs on the field. I spent $700 each for 2 tix in Arizona, $500 each for 2 in Miami, about $300 each for SECCG...can't remember. I was plenty drunk!! :) Point is, if I'm paying a premium, and I damn sure am, I expect more than pointism foolishness and excuses. My future booster $$$ will be given to the scalpers on the street when we get back to the grail. Until then, thanks for the memories. I'll pick and choose tix outside on University with my two fingers in the air as well as one extended to the UAA for their disloyal ticket policy. The Bull Gator in front of me is bailing, too. He had tix since 1969. Point is, brother, maybe you don't need to be a ticket holder and be a booster to do your thing. You can still cut a check to UF to one of the many entities which you find worthy. This, all while buying a ticket here or there and cheer the Gators on. Best of luck with your decision. GO GATORS!!
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    Yawn...........
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. g8rfan22

g8rfan22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +803
    I'll be there regardless. I'm not saying if you don't renew you aren't a Gator fan. You just don't want to regret not having your seats if the ship is righted and we are having a great season.

In the end it's up to you and I don't think UAA will change your mind.

You're still 100% Gator in my eyes either way! GO GATORS!!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. medigator

medigator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,492
    Bob K I would renew if I were you for a number of reasons . One you are a loyal Gator Fan and by buying your season tickets you are supporting ALL the Sports at UF not just the football team . Two we hopefully wont have 10% of the devastating injuries we suffered this year especially in key positions . Three , Both Missouri and Auburn combined for only 3 wins in the SEC last year ( we had one more than both of them combined ) and look at where they are this year ! One changed coach one didnt ! I believe with my heart and money that we will be back to winning form next year with all we return plus some great recruits coming in coupled with a new OC and OL coaches ! I just dont believe we have fallen off the ledge and I dont believe that Muschamp forgot how to coach after going 11-1 against the Nations toughest schedule last year . I look at the glass as half full not empty . Lastly there isnt anything like the game day experience and folks you have spent many many seasons with every year . Those friendships are invaluable . In my humble opinion those are reasons enough to renew ....
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. medigatorx

medigatorx Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    Some valid points but we either went 12-1 last year or we went 11-2 (depending on which bowl game you want to count.) This 11-1 talking point is old unless you then acknowledge that this year we were actually 4-9 (which then makes me throw up a little more in my mouth each time I read CWM is coming back and that makes me feel a little less guilty for not renewing mine, in which case I will put that money in my kids' 529 to hopefully spend at UF in 10 years to get a more useful return on my investment instead of the ulcers I've had the last 3 years!)
  11. Ofg8r

Ofg8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +225
    Obviously, you should not.
  12. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    That's your business... your money. Nobody has the business over your season tickets. Fair enough. Right?
  13. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    I'm super curious what you got for your tickets from loyal fsu fan? From my view in SEZ lots sold tickets and friends got in for 30-40 bucks on game day...I would think in general fsu fans are cheaper than gator fans....
  14. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +239
    Because you bleed orange and blue...just grab a tourniquet and hold on for the ride.
  15. medigatorx

medigatorx Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    Face value for all 4. The best part: their babysitter cancelled last minute and they ended up not using them. The most surprising part: they still paid me the full $200 for leaving me "high and dry" so late in the game. The sad part: no "Real Gator Fans" would buy them.

Overall, though, I think it worked out well all the way around:
    1) I got my Christmas decorations up
    2) I didn't waste 8 hours in traffic thinking about getting my decorations up
    3) I didn't waste 3 hours sitting in BHG trying to get a data signal so I could check up on games that were actually competitive
    4) I sold my tickets
    5) The FSU fans that bought them ended up not using them but paid anyway
    6) The people sitting around my seats should have had more than enough room for their butts to flow into the unused bench instead of my lap
    7) And they didn't have to hear a few extra Noles chanting like some monkeys in heat for 3 hours
  16. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +330
    Our daughter's 14th birthday was November 30th. In lieu of a party with her friends that she so desperately wanted, we went online a month ago and bought tickets to the game - Section 327 Row 19. We sat 3 or 4 rows in front of a Keenan Thompson sound alike that was a riot. These aren't bad seats as you can see the entire field and the plays develop.

When she opened up her present with the tickets, she was in utter disbelief and nearly cried with joy. I don't know about your household but for us, making a 14-year old girl happy is no small feat.

She didn't care what the outcome of the game was, she wanted to stay to the very end and indeed we did. It was a shame that so many Nole fans were able to blow their dental hygiene budget on tickets to our stadium but we made the best of it sitting amongst them.

I guess my point is that maybe some fans are too concerned with the winning part to actually enjoy the experience, not that there's anything wrong with that. It just makes it more difficult to lay down season ticket money.
  17. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Does your entire Gator identity revolve around the fortunes of the football team? Do you realize that thousands of students at the University of Florida do not CARE about the football team, yet still donate to the university?

If you are a grad, you are obviously smart enough to understand that when a team loses 12 starters prior to the season and 8 more during the season, it is a shell of what they should be?

We aren't going to have that issue next year. We should win at least 9 games.
  18. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    No. We blame the directors!

"That band director is a moron! Why doesn't he have my daughter as first chair clarinet? She is OBVIOUSLY better than all the others! No WONDER the pride of the Sunshine sucks! Sure wish we were like Florida A&M's band. Fire the band director NOW!!"
  19. lenoxpaul

lenoxpaul Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I don't know, my first year at UF was 1987. My last year - 1991 - was SOS' first year. I had some of the best times ever going to games even when we weren't very good. But since alumni tix are way much more $$$ than students tix, maybe it's not worth the investment. That's OK. But , if you can swing it, why not hold for a while and see how this shakes out? Who knows - maybe next year the SWAMP will have a few moments similar to what Auburn had this year. If not, I am sure you'll still bleed orange and blue next year and spend the $$ on something else that's cool.
  20. lenoxpaul

lenoxpaul Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

Who are these students you speak of that don't care about football? Have to be originally from the Northeast :)