So Now We Know Republicans Were Bribed Yesterday

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorman_07732, Oct 17, 2013.

1. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    I guess you haven't studied information systems projects much then. Total failure rate is 35%, partial is 50%. So 85% either fail or don't meet their goals on time. The private sector is not any better about this, their failures are just not national news.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
  3. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    He is facing a strong primary challenge, and may lose that primary. What would happen immediately is that the RNC would not give dime one to Bevin (sp), and may even funnel money to the Dem, who would well probably receive more DNC money than any seat next year. The only thing that would make the Democrats spend more money to defeat him would be if he was female/minority.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    I don't think they'd be that unscrupulous, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is collusion between the Old RINO's and the Dems on keeping the Tea Party movement down. And If we get wind of that all hell will break loose.
  5. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,885
    I'm hoping that happens, but here is the thing, the pub establishment is a big problem. It would not be surprising should McConnell lose the primary to a strong conservative, that the person who beats him will not get support from the establishment. Steve Lonegan in NJ got no support from them. Yeah they showed of toward the end, but the gave him zero support monetarily or otherwise through the whole campaign. The Republican party needs some serious changes with regard to who is running the party.
  6. asuragator

asuragator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,062
    Perhaps, but it's politics. It's kind of naive to think that horsetrading doesn't or shouldn't happen. It should, otherwise you'd get even worse gridlock and more government shutdowns.
  7. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +3,885
    It's exactly why we got stuck with this garbage ACA legislation. I don't call bribes for bad law constructive. In fact it's quite guile, and the proof of that is the law makers don't want the same deal for themselves. What about their staffers? Are they still going to get subsidized? Come on man, these creeps live one way and the rest of us are forced to live another, but it's for the good of the country right?
  8. asuragator

asuragator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,062
    Really, gman? So a shutdown that cost much more money than keeping the government open while hurting many people in the process is good for the country? That makes no sense to me.

I am not saying that they aren't creeps, generally speaking, but one can recognize the unseemly aspects of governance/unseemliness of the characters that occupy such positions and the necessary give and take that keeps government functioning and stable.

Admittedly, the two can seemingly be at odds with each other and there is some tacit or even open acceptance of some of the seediness that is always present, but I'd rather that than chaos and crisis; politics works because it is about horse trading.
  9. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +3,885
    I keep hearing that, but would like to see the factual figures. My problem is this, they live one way when the rest of us are FORCED to live another. This is bad legislation and should be killed bay any means necessary.
  10. asuragator

asuragator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,062
    It's legitimate to be of the belief that some piece of legislation is bad for the country. I have no qualms about that at all. But believing some legislation is bad does not justify stopping government and making matters worse. And what does "by any means necessary" mean to you, anyway?

Principles are great and people should strive to be principled, but compromising and/or horsetrading are necessary for government to work. It's not a compromise of ones principles, it's a recognition of reality.
  11. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +3,885
    I firmly believe this legislation is so bad it's going to rot this country at it's core, economically and the healthcare of its citizenry.
  12. asuragator

asuragator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,062
    Your opinion, I respect it. I can't say I know how it will turn out since that would take a crystal ball and I try not to buy into hyperbole, not even of the positive kind.
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,902
    a dam is not an it project