So now, does the 1 loss SEC go over an undefeated ACC or BIG 10?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by acegator, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    Don't think so, win over MSU combined with being ahead in polls would keep them in front.
  2. gator2641

gator2641 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    They did beat Georgia and Bama, the #1 team and defending NC!
  3. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    The gap is too close. Auburn easily passes OSU with a win over Mizzou without voters significantly restructuring their ballots.
  4. Gator_Crush

Gator_Crush New Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    ohio state wins next week and they're in the title game, auburn's SOS won't matter.

FSU vs. OSU on deck. just accept the inevitable.
  5. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    Auburn beat Alabama in all phases of the game. Auburn should have won by at least 10 or 17 points in my opinion (block punt and wide open pass). I still think Alabama is about the 2nd best team in the country. The voters shouldn't put them worse than #4 though. I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama gets a 2nd shot at Auburn. This day and age it's starting to seem like you have to beat Saban twice in one year. I think Auburn can do it too. I kinda wanted to see Meyer play Saban, so Saban can whip that....
  6. SkyChimp

SkyChimp VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +164
    Mizzou loses to Auburn and it's the WAR EAGLE in the NC!! No way in the world OSU goes to the BCSNC after struggling with Michigan. Plus, MSU Spartans may beat them if not kill their ranking if OSU squeaks by with a win.
  7. hastings15

hastings15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    Auburn struggled - in fact needed a miracle - to beat a 4-loss and currently unranked Georgia team.

Auburn lost by two touchdowns to a 3-loss LSU team that struggled to beat Arkansas and couldn't beat Ole Miss.

Auburn struggled against Miss State and needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat them.

So those kinds of observations work both ways.
  8. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    If Mizzou wins the SEC and Ohio State beats MSU, OSU will go. OSU over MSU isn't exactly a foregone conclusion though.

If Auburn wins the SEC and Ohio State beats MSU, that's going to be a really close race. Assuming tonight's actual BCS rankings look like Palm's projections, a win over the #4 team next week may be enough to put Auburn over OSU. They'll soundly beat OSU in the computers (and probably actually be #1 in the majority of the computers), so simply being close in the human polls may be enough.
  9. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    Auburn is going to carve up Mizzou like a Thanksgiving turkey! 296 yards on the devil himself. Imagine what they would have done on us. :smh:
  10. hastings15

hastings15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    I'm surprised how far off Palm was this week in his projections. He really botched it in his computer ranking projections. In the actual BCS rankings this week, all of Ohio State's computer rankings that count are 2, and all of Auburn's are 3. Palm was projecting a much better showing in the computer rankings for Auburn (average 2.0) , and much worse for Ohio State (average 2.75).
  11. hastings15

hastings15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    Totally agree. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see FSU vs. Mizzou in the NC game.
  12. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +749
    Yeah, Palm was waaay off. He's never that far off. It looks like some of the computer rankings have been tweaked. Sagarin, for example, doesn't seem to take SOS into account at all. Teams with a worse SOS are ranked ahead of others with a better SOS and the same record. I saw the same inconsistency throughout the rankings. If SOS doesn't count, then how do they come up with them?
  13. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,222
    Defending MNC doesn't mean anything, but it is significant that they did beat the sitting #1 team. Georgia, OTOH, is no better than any other 8-win team in the nation...