So my attorney is speaking before the House Judicuary Committee this week.......

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Sep 17, 2013.

1. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,731
    :laugh:
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,279
    Are we supposed to hide the truth in Obama-world?
  3. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +517
    Great dude. Used to play ball at Yale. One of the smartest guys I know. Truly brilliant. He lives a "conservative" life. He voted for Obama. We have awesome debates.
  4. mocgator

Ratings Received:
    +517
    There is no truth... just what the obama and the political class tell us...
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,731
    I'm sure. Just had to laugh at the classic "some of my best friends are black" note.
  6. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    It means that one person feels superior to another based on their race.

Hey, I don't live on here. How is anyone to know that was or wasn't your thought based on your post? Further, how would you know what you wrote about the intellectual capabilities of the people you mentioned? The only thing I did was point out that I found it interesting that the only people you mentioned, the ones you feel intellectually superior to, happen to be AA.

And? Is that in itself supposed to mean something? Do you have a problem with white "dudes."

I've heard that before. "Some of my best friends are black."

This is interesting. Despite the fact that I said I attacked you unfairly and apologized, I seem to have touched a very sensitive nerve with you that you can't seem to move on from. You seem to be working awfully hard to show you're not racist despite the fact that no one actually called you a racist. Why is that?

I'm not saying this applies to you, but there are plenty of people who honestly believe they're not racist but the things they say and do show they are. Paula Deen is one of those people. I think the new term to describe those people are ignoracist. They're racist but just don't know it.

Again, no one is saying you're racist, however you said you wrote a letter that you said certain people on the committee, all AA, wouldn't understand because you used multisyllabic words, thus stating your superiority over them. Whether you intended to or not you painted a picture to me that I found interesting. I have no idea if you're a racist, or if you understand that the words a person uses, or how they word things, can be viewed by some as being racist. In your case I think you were honestly attacking those individuals based on their ideology rather than race. It might have been better to refer to them as "the liberals on the committee" rather than calling them out by name. By doing that you would have done a better job of stating your intent.
  7. mocgator

Ratings Received:
    +517
    First... I showed this thread to my brother from another mother and he just laughed at Gatorstooth and called him some funny names...

Second...

My attorney spoke at the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Consolidation, and the Consequent Impact on Competition in Health Care committee hearing. and guess what??.....

Shelia Jackson Lee, John Conyers, and Hank Johnson didn't even show. LOL Why do they want to hear about the coming disasters of the legislation. The funniest part is that my attorney is a democrat... as just about every Washington lawyer is. The democrats on the judiciary certainly don't want to listen to a democrat talk about the problems with the law.

I will bet $1,000,000 that none of those three have read the bill or could have even the slightest intelligent discussion on the topic. Therefore... don't show up.

Your representatives at work..
  8. dynogator

dynogator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +211
    You lost me when you characterized Issa as "brilliant and thoughtful."
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dynogator

Ratings Received:
    +211
    Btw, when you single 3 people out of 40 and disparage their intellect, and they're all black, you're begging to be misunderstood.
  10. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,042
    Only by those incapable of understanding in the first place. Or otherwise just wanting to be argumentative.
  11. dynogator

Ratings Received:
    +211
    Hardly. There are about 8 non-black Democrats on the committee. I'd like to hear moc explain why he choose the 3 "slow," members, how they differ from the other Dems. Why those 3?
  12. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,042
    Youve already made up your mind as to why. If I were him, I wouldnt waste the effort trying.
  13. dynogator

Ratings Received:
    +211
    Yeah, well, if he's going to make a career of starting inflammatory, trolly threads (which he does, ad infinitum), he should at least be responsive to posters misguided enough to participate.