so let me get this straight-we had to screw up the best healthcare system

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Sep 30, 2013.

1. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,483
    They also have government mandated saving that automatically deducts from the paycheck and puts it into the savings accounts, the government subsidizes care, and there are price caps on medical services.

It would be labeled as Soviet, even in comparison to the ACA, if it were proposed in the US.
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Bingo. It used to be called "major medical" and it was all anyone had. And then doc visits were added and prescription drugs and mental health and stool samples and sexual wellness and chiropractic and cough drops and before anyone was paying attention, no one knew what the hell anything cost because insurance was paying for everything.
  3. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    The huge advantage of their system, besides its cost in comparison to the GDP of the nation, is that it pays providers immediately, literally. The system has a uniform electronic payment process and, when the patient's national healthcare card is swiped, the doctor's account receives the payment. Their small size as a country, physically, helped them adopt that system. Our diversified web of providers, insurers and governmental payors, with different rules and coverages, makes the Singaporian payment system impossible (or at least highly difficult) to implement here.
  4. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    I'll take Israel for 500, Alex.
  5. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    If we had such a system the scammers would steal trillions more than they already steal.
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Maybe you've heard about Singapore's criminal justice system before... :ninja:

7. BobbyFischer

BobbyFischer New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Medical saving accounts, like they have in Singapore, are more of a market oriented solution. People are more frugal with their own money than with someone else's.
  8. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +700
    My dems? Lol I don't have a party. Not everybody buys into the 2 party scam. I see them for what they are: fascist republicrats. That's why nothing ever changes. People keep buying into their game.

The Iraqi war did not have a formal declaration of war so it was unconstitutional.

Also I am guessing you probably supported a candidate that supported the unconstitutional Patriot Act, didn't you? And a candidate that probably supported the unconstitutional fiat money system we have and opposes the constitutional endorsed gold and silver as currency? And probably a candidate that supported the unconstitutional bailouts and the Federal Reserve system?

Ron Paul is a honest man which makes him better by default than 98% of politicians. There are members of the left honest like Ron Paul as well. If only people voted for honest politicians instead of the MSM backed corporate shills.

But I am glad to see Rand gaining momentum.
  9. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    is the same medical care the Saudi Prince gets in America available to every American? Or just to the 1%'ers?
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    It's legal and Constitutional if the congress says it's legal.
  11. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +250
    Just based on the per capita public spending on healthcare, can you tell which of these countries doesn't cover all of its citizens?

[​IMG]
  12. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +559
    1 is a long way from 10 and a lifetime away from 37.

The fact is, the foreigners with money who are going to self pay for care come here.

And to answer the question from old guy, I am sure the surgeons at DUMC perform liver transplants the best they can on every patient regardless of its a Saudi prince or a truck driver.