So, AZ....I'm WAITING!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

Well?

:grin:
  2. Jyork

Jyork New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I am also looking forward to your write up
  3. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,044
    Most of what he's going to post is already out in the public. If you want inside info, become an insider. I would, but the old lady cut me off of GC years ago. ): more important bills to pay.
  4. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
  5. mbl32465

mbl32465 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +771
    Anybody writing a post about things I'm wrong about should first consult with my wife.
  7. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,044
    I tried, but she left before I woke up. :grin:
  8. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +771
    Thankfully, she left before I woke up. We had a huge fight last night about something I was very wrong about. I took my daughter to get her drivers license without consulting her. My daughter wanted to surprise her, but when she showed my wife her newly minted license, she blew a freaking fuse. I blew a bigger one because she made my daughter feel bad about a major accomplishment. Unbeknownst to me, it's not an accomplishment if my wife wasn't involved in it. She wanted to drive with her before she took the test, but neither of my kids want to drive with her in the car because she's wound so tight that she screams whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. That's why I taught them both to drive. She's felt "left out" the entire time, but I thought it was more important that they feel comfortable learning to drive than getting a green light (no pun intended) from both of us.

Sorry for the hijack, but I'm still pretty sore about the whole thing and she's not giving an inch. But of course I'm wrong. I'm always wrong. Glad she doesn't come on this board, even though she knows nothing about football.
  9. gatorr4life

Ratings Received:
    +1,044
    We should have a beer some time. I know how you feel, man. Just remember, she's always right! Took me a while to figure that out. I've been right many times, and still conceded. I think she chopped my balls off in my sleep. Lol! That'll happen after 11 years... In your particular case, just my guess but.... She may be a little jealous that the kids are more comfortable driving with you than her. Or, maybe it really is as simple as her just wanting a quick rider with her daughter before she gets that liscence. In a way, it is a big step in a child's life. Yes, you probably should have talked to her first. (Been there, done that) But your heart and intentions were good. She should have congratulated her daughter, and then yelled at you privately.

By the way, ironically, I'm teaching a 15 year old girl how to drive. She turns 16 in May. Her mother and I both are doing it together, with help from her grandfather.
  10. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    I feel you man. Sometimes it's just better to accept the fact that we're wrong, whether we're wrong or right.
  11. TheOriginalTexGator

TheOriginalTexGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    If a woman is not present, is the man still wrong?
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,664
    Your confession was maybe the best thing I've ever read on these boards. Only hilarious because it is so honest. We feel you, man. We feel you.
  13. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +292
    Yea... ALL of us have been there.
    This could be a very complex situation...

In my case, with my former wife...... it got so bad that we had to go get professional counseling. Took several visits... lots of money. ($75 a visit.)

Not too sure about your situation but my former wife would rail and scream at my stepchildren...(her kids).
    They were afraid to deal with her... be around her. I tried several times to talk to her in a very kind, soft way... did not work.... she was too bull-headed.

Only when another professional female counselor informed her of what she was doing and how her actions and voice was impacting her children... did she begin to listen.
    (I actually had to get my children out of our home and have them live with their mother.)
    Although the professional counseling did help somewhat... the three of us, (her, myself and our counselor) all found out that her long-time case of insecurity from her childhood combined with being manic-depressive was just too much.
    We eventually broke up and to this very day... her children do their best not to associate with her.
    Sad story. She could have continued to get counseling, come to grips with what she had and, at least, saved the relationship she had with her very children.

Sorry to go into a lengthy response on this guys. And I realize that my situation may not even be close to your situation... but after seven long years of trying... I found out that no matter what I did... nothing worked.
    A professional counselor came the closest to turning the corner. Sadly... so many couples never go that route.

Only when a person hears from a person who has, "no dog in the hunt"... will they begin to listen.
    I spoke to her... her sister spoke to her...friends... nope. Only when a person who she knew really did not have a connection to her... did she begin to listen.

Even though we broke up... the real sadness came in seeing her relationship with her OWN children... just deteriorated into what it is today.
  14. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +389
    Well AZ you better have a good write up to follow that.
  15. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +754
    You are not alone. My kids refuse to learn how to drive from their mother for the same reasons. They always come to me.
  16. gatorright

gatorright Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Holy cow, gentlemen! Everyone of you have written truths which resonate with my own situation...while I didn't so much feel alone in all this, its nice to know others have had the same experience and the same impressions of it. Thanks for sharing...the car thing is so true, and trying to provide constructive criticism is only beneficial if it comes from the wife to you...it never works the other direction!

You guys are great!
  17. nwflgator_58

nwflgator_58 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Either you guys scared AZ off, or he is writing a BIG write-up. And, you make me thankful that I was lucky enough to get my wife of 34 years.
  18. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +754
    Sounds like my wife. :ninja: She has an anger problem and everyone has tried to talk to her but to nothing. She doesn't think she has an anger problem. Even the therapists tell her she has an anger problem, she still won't listen.
  19. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,288
    I had a family emergency and the last thing on my mind was recruiting but I just did a write up
  20. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +754
    On here?