1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Slight change = So sore

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by LeafUF, May 1, 2012.

1. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    So, I have been doing 5/3/1 routines pretty consistently for the past year. I finished up one of my cycles about two weeks ago then took a week off for a small vacation.

When I came back I decided to ease my way back into the gym before starting another round of 5/3/1. I dropped the weights and did a bit higher reps on all the same lifts and my hamstrings have not been this sore in forever. I guess that is what you get when you deadlift 225x10.
  2. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    I rarely get sore anymore. On occasion, added a new exercise into the mix - and doing higher reps - will leave me sore.

Also, this is individual-specific of course, but certain muscles seem to be more prone to soreness than others. You typically hear quads or pecs.
  3. oI2ange

oI2ange Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +176
    Your muscles definitely get conditioned to whatever work out you have been doing over time. In my experience, any change in the workout and I'll be sore (if I deviate from what I've been doing for a while).
  4. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +364
    I still get sore after most workouts but not like this. And ill never forget how sore I got the first time I lifted that was rough.
  5. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    Now that I think of it, I did get as sore as I've been in awhile, just a few weeks back. Introducing hammer curls had my biceps actually waking me up in the middle of the night.
  6. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    I'm sore pretty much after every workout i do. For sure after every quad or hamstring day and most often after chest day. Shaping your body isn't always about weight, it's about hitting different angles, getting the best contraction and stretch against resistance.

For instance, 3 days ago i did quads and calves. I did stretch afterwards and did have my protein shake post workout with IHOP 20 minutes after. I'm still very very sore and barely walk. I'm sure plenty of people have looked at me wierd. This happens to me EVERY week when i train my legs. Quads,Hams or Glutes.

Like Kai Green says... "I'm not a weight lifter, i'll never be a weight lifter." That's my mentality when i go into the gym.

Sure, i'm willing to bet a lot of you guys aren't into gaining mass, bodybuilding or stuff like that but no matter what you do, it's still great to change things up, hit different angles and train with some intensity.
  7. holloffamer

holloffamer New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    I am also sore all the time. They said that after a while you'll get used to it and then you won't feel the pain anymore. However, I still do feel the pain and I basically just got used to the feeling so nvm. :/
  8. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Who ever told you that was lying or doesn't give 100% effort when they train.

I've been lifting for years and i'm still sore every week. Delts and biceps are the only groups of muscles that rarely get sore but they do from time to time. Usually on high volume days.

Everything else... yeah they are usually sore. Especially back and legs. Oh how i hate legs.
  9. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Speaking about being sore. This entire week has been one intense workout after another.

It started on sunday when i did DLB's new workout. I've done many circuits similar but this one was awesome. I used the same system as she did, body weight. In my case i used 175 lbs on Rows,incline bench and flat bench press. Used pullup bar instead of rings.

[youtube]Dv_hiiVAFzo#![/youtube]

After that i went back to my normal bodybuilding routines and lifting heavy.
    Today it's hitting me hardcore. Back, chest, shoulders, traps and abs all sore. So much pain, but i love it. Tomorrow is legs.... It's going to hurt!
  10. Zendra

Zendra New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    How many tubes of Ben-gay do you go through every month? :D
  11. deviation

deviation Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    People actually use that stuff?
  12. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +478
    Only to play a prank on someone. Lol
  13. ThomasGoldkamp

ThomasGoldkamp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I'm waiting to see what I feel like tomorrow.

Had more or less plateaued after three months of doing the same work out. For the most part, heavy lifting with a 10-8-6-4-2 pattern.

Took last week off to give myself a recovery period before starting a new technique.

Today I went lighter weights with way higher reps through a bunch of different exercises. Was actually exhausted after a workout for the first time in a long time. Curious to see if I end up getting much sorer tomorrow than normal.