Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorAbe7, Jul 18, 2013.
I will never get married ever again.
There is one food that kills a woman's sex drive.
Why is the bride always smiling on the way out of the chapel?
SHe knows she's given the last BJ of her life.
In other words, he didn't discover lots of new smells on her every time you met up. I really believe a man's dog will tell him everything he needs to know about a woman if he pays attention.
Man died and went to hell. The devil was telling him all the scary stuff that was going to happen to him until the guy said, I was married twice.
The devil says, you want a job here.
Why? Maybe you just have not found the right one.
The mistake is having sex with a woman the man does not love. And you are right. No one can force a man to take responsibility for his actions.
Been happily married for more than 16 years now. Wouldn't have it any other way. Couldn't imagine my life without my wife.
While not scientific, I have noticed a few things about my friends who are either not married and/or divorced. The first thing is they are searching for perfection. Nobody is perfect and your dream guy/girl isn't going to walk through the door...ever! I know my wife wishes I didn't watch so much sports on tv and cleaned up after myself more, and I wish she didn't work so many hours. But we make it work.
Secondly, people give up way too quickly. I know several divorced couples that regret getting divorced now. It seemed, to me at least, that at the first sign of trouble, they abandoned ship, instead of fighting. As if being happily married was supposed to come easy and without major road bumps. Logically, this makes zero sense. Ask anyone how to become an expert at almost anything, and the answer will include a lot of practice and hard work. Yet, for some reason, ask anyone the secret to a long relationship, and practice and hard work are rarely given as an answer.
I don't know or care about gender roles in today's society, and personally, each couple has to make it work for them. My wife works 50-60 hours a week at times, and makes more money than I do. I often end up doing the bulk of the cooking and the laundry. Yet, despite not sticking to traditional roles, we are very happily married, because again, we work at it. It's not perfect, but neither of us would have it any other way.
A couple must learn to compromise in their marriage or relationship without allowing resentment to build...give & take every now and then! That is what is necessary for an enduring successful marriage in my opinion.
A quick video for old times' sake. The discussion of marriage begins around 1:10.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/m_VURr6jnWQ?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/m_VURr6jnWQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I'll tell you mine: compromise. Have similar interests, not everything should be done together, but find things you enjoy doing together. Make time for each other away from your kids. Communicate.
Been married 16 years and we have three children. Something's working.
Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
was never a Kinison fan for some reason.
The good news in 2013 is that every man's options have doubled. Can't find that special lady? How about that special man? You can have 2 man caves.
#7: spending too much time on Jag's babes thread to meet the right one?
The video of Sam brings back some great memories. Preacher turned hell raising comedian. What is not to like.
The last woman he married, Malilka, was hot as hell. Saw both in Orlando back in the day.
Why I'll never get married?
I enjoy my space, money and peace of mind. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want and with whomever I want. After witnessing many friends endure emotional, financial and spiritual bankruptcy because of a cheating spouse, I say that, for me, marriage definitely is not worth the risk.
Not to interject a WIFE'S point of view here....but it's not exactly fun and games for the wives, either.
1. Sex. Do you have any idea how many women out there are in sexless marriages, and it's the MAN who's not wanting to have any? No health issues, wife still looks good...just "too tired"..."have a headache"...."hard day at work", etc? Shows how little society has progressed when the sexual dysfunction in a relationship is still solely blamed on the wife.
2. Our looks. Not all women have the ability to bounce back from pregnancy the same way. Some look darn good, but may have a few stretch marks. Guess what? A lot of you guys who aren't in so-great-shape have stretch marks, too, and no one holds that against you. Also, when you're up all night with the baby, alone all day with the kids, cooking, cleaning, doing errands, laundry AND still trying to hold down a job you barely have 10 minutes for a quick shower. Most girls spend over an HOUR to look good for you guys on a date :laugh:
Not only that, but sorry to say, we all change and we all age. Men are allowed and expected to get a slight gut, get gray hair or lose their hair, get stretch marks of their own, get wrinkles, etc. and it's no big deal. A woman gains a bit and no longer fits the "hot chick" billing and guess what? She's old, not good looking, time to hit something younger, etc.
3. For those of us working moms (this ties in with #2), we are expected to still keep that "traditional" role but with the way the economy is now, working full time AND doing everything around the house still just because it's "the woman's job" - will make for a very fatigued wife. I could count on one hand the number of mornings I've slept in (past 8 am) since having our first child. My husband sleeps until he feels like it.
4. Back to the Sex section - ever think that if guys had sex the same way they did when dating/trying to win a girl, a wife would be more likely to want to do the same?? Why is a guy smiling in his wedding pictures? Because it's the last time he'll ever have to do foreplay.
5. Decor/Man cave: My entire townhouse is a man cave. I can't have a floral anywhere. I have Gator stuff all over (which is fine, I'm a Gator fan). Didn't pick the couch, didn't pick the dining set. Basement's a man cave, too. Only girl stuff is in my daughter's room. If women are in charge of decor someone didn't send the memo to all married people out there.
That was awesome.
Now, because the last post was long....
Here's the key to marriage. As a woman - get rid of the notion that there is a Prince Charming. There is no such thing. Prince Charming is a tool that is used by toy companies and movie/book people to give women hope. To quote Hunger Games, there is nothing more dangerous than hope.
As a man - the girl you slept with at age 20 will not be the same girl you sleep with at age 40. Because she is no longer a girl at that point - she is a woman. You are no longer a boy - you are a man. Evolve. Forget the physical to an extent, and learn to see your partner with your heart and not your eyes.
If you're marrying each other because the sex is great (which is the danger of having sex/living together before marriage) then you're not going to last. You need trust, respect, and yes love, but not the carnal ripping clothes off every 5 minutes type.
When you say those vows, you have to MEAN them. Not just when they're convenient or sound good at a church. You need to MEAN in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, etc.
Someone talked about compromise and I'll go a step further. Marriage is a unit. It's a partnership. And if you're going in already thinking about the man vs woman, me vs her/him deal, you're already at a disadvantage. Stretch marks? If you love your kids, that's what she earned for carrying that baby. Wrinkles? All the lines made by smiles, tears, joy, pain - everything that constitutes a life.
True love, the kind to make a marriage last, is loving someone BECAUSE of their flaws, not IN SPITE of them. And that goes for either spouse.
*off soap box*
Show me a husband/wife who won't and I will show you a neighbor who will.