Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorAbe7, Jul 18, 2013.
Pretty much nails it.
She missed one other valid reason: gone are the days when wives respected and sought to please their husbands. Now, most women can't be bothered with doing things to help and please their husbands and, instead, act like their husbands are intolerable idiots.
The fact is, marriage offers men very little anymore, apart from legitimizing their children.
I can give you a 7th - my ex wife.
Maybe you guys just know some crappy women.
I must have walked into a luggage store, because there's some major baggage in this thread.
the sex thing is annoying....im not married but I have been with my girl for a couple years now, and the first year or so we were having sex everyday, multiple times several days a week, and now its like twice a week.
and its the first thing they hold out on you if they are mad at you. Use it as leverage.
I consider myself lucky, I have a great wife who is even a better mother
aren't we all like family here :grin:
actually you're right, not the best thread to include in....please delete it on your reply
One big, creepy family.
So advise the crowd here, how did you manage your fortunate situation?
creepy is harsh, I would say dysfunctional
That seems even worse. Some creepers are highly functional. :grin:
Took care of that for you in case he didn't see it.
EDIT: take Mrs. Carter's advice with that one.
I had a dog who was wise beyond his years and was a judge of good character
A couple of times she threw in comments about men avoiding work and education, but she didn't really tie that in with the rest of her message.
I thought for sure the 6 reasons would be a little different:
I love being married and being a father. It's worked out well for me. Can't say about everyone else
The video's reasons:
1. Lost respect: Society/Media now portrays men as dumb
- While true, this is only a reality for the man if he chooses to enter marriage with such a power dynamic. Largely Choice
2. Less sex: Married couples have less sex than co-habitating couples.
- I believe the stats and believe this plays out regardless of what the man does or chooses. This is not universally true, of course. Largely Truth
3. Lose children and money: Courts favor women
- While it's true the courts favor the mother, much of the stats given are skewed by higher number of dead-beat dads. If you chose to be a loser, yeah, you're gonna lose your kids. Largely Choice
4. Lose space: Man relegated to "man caves"
- Show me a man that doesn't want a man cave. Largely Choice
5. Lose freedom: Get locked up for not paying child support
- See 3. Largely Choice
6. Single life better: Negative stigma of being older and single is fading.
- Hard to argue this point. Largely Truth
That's 3:36 of my life I'll never get back. Men aren't getting married because of video games? Seriously? The other 5 reasons were just as dumb.