Should Chris Walker come back for another year?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gottapanda, Feb 9, 2014.

1. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +666
    Should?

I don't know about "should" but my general thoughts are:

- Always support players in good standing returning for another year
    - Never begrudge any players for leaving early so long as they do not quit on their team in the middle of the season

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Good point, Kwame Brown could have benefited from that advice.
  3. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I agree with that. However, for Kwame's sake, it was a shame he was the #1 pick and had no choice. He would have had a much better career if he spent at least one year at UF.
  4. peteypab

peteypab Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    Now I don't have a real understanding of Chris Walker's home financial situation, but I see so many people saying he has to go now for his family. Isn't it strange how so many player's families manage to hold on for 18 years, but then can't make it one more when there is a chance to jump to the NBA for a pay day? I mean it is a miracle that all of these players are making it to the NBA in the exact year that their families are about to go under.

I think that family situation actually plays a lesser role than some are making it out to be. The real reason to go is that he is projected to be in the first round and that by staying he could be injured or his stock could drop when NBA teams get a real look at him for a year. Its a sad truth about the NBA that sometimes staying to improve can actually hurt you if you don't show that improvement, and maybe Chris Walker won't be willing to risk that.
  5. Angaza

Angaza Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    It's not that 18 years is a make-or-break situation but it's not surprising in this climate for people to be in a bad position financially. This is a big first chance for many to capitalize so they're going to take the opportunity.
  6. thejoyofsobe

thejoyofsobe Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    He's a guy right now that doesn't even know our zone offense, is 20 lbs under weight and is playing out of position so unless he ends up challenging for NCAA regional most outstanding player then of course he should come back.

He's a first rounder based solely on potential, not performance so he should be able to improve his stock as the starting PF on next year's squad after a year of learning the offense and developing his game.

If it's about the first contract then he should return.
    If it's about the second contract then he should return.
  7. tommyuf21

Ratings Received:
    +578
    Every player is different. I'm no expert and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but if I had to guess, Chris Walker won't be exposed as a fraud with one more year in college ball. He's not a tweener, he's a 6' 10" guy who can jump out of the gym. If I had to bet money, I would confidently wager that he'll be even better.