Shelley concerned about how Urban will react to the loss

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORAZ, Dec 8, 2013.

1. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +752
    I thought he did explain it. He said he lost it there for a while. That he needed to get away from coaching. He got away from coaching and found that he missed it and took the job with OSU. I believe he explained it that way. I know many here don't believe him but that's the basic explaination.

I'm not happy about our fortunes due to all this but I don't see any reason to not believe this is the way it went down. Maybe more of us would be able to accept that if he stayed with ESPN a little longer. I don't know but I sure enjoyed Gator football for most of his tenure. I also believe he made mistakes that we are still suffering through.... The good with the bad...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,830
    The problem is that he got away from coaching while he was still supposedly getting paid to be our coach. That leaderless season of 2010 drove us into the ground. If he would have left when he first resigned, I would be more thankful for what he accomplished here and less critical of the smoking tire fire he left us in that three years later still has not been put out.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  3. benheb

benheb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +752
    I agree with you.
  4. DrKnowledge

DrKnowledge Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    I'm for sure no UM fan, quite the opposite. Can't stand the guy and think he's a hypocrite and phony. Not sure, though, why all the interpreting every little move he makes as having some tremendous meaning. All these guys are whores in the end. Not to rehash the past but when SOS left I finally realized that none of these guys are out for anything but themselves in the end. They are well paid hired help; nothing more nothing less and the fact that they jump jobs really shouldn't surprise anyone. They are what they are.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hastings15

hastings15 Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    So a win in the Orange Bowl this year would be Ohio State's 7th BCS bowl victory over a major conference program or Notre Dame, but only one of those BCS bowl opponents was good. Got it.
  6. InagaddavidaGator

InagaddavidaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +96
    I am now in the uncomfortable position of appearing to defend a coach I do not like or respect....BUT, dude, go get your nails done, have a good cry, spend a weekend at the beach...but please do whatever you need to do to finally get over this breakup!
  7. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    [​IMG]