Seventy-two killed resisting Gun confiscation in Boston!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by DarthG8RV3, Jul 6, 2013.

1. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,648
    It may not be but if I were wagering it would be toward it not happening. I've been hearing this kind of stuff for years and other than a few groups nothing really comes out of it. I think there are those who would love to see it happen so they could shoot a few people. See the Zimmerman thread for what happens when you mix serious amounts of testosterone with guns and limited intelligence.
  2. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The actions of the British in the run up to the Revolution are THE very reason that the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights. The citizens of the new United States knew from deadly experience that to be disarmed would lead to being vassals of the state. Two hundred years later we are still fighting the war of ideas with progressives who would "progress" us right into slavery. We dare not give up our arms because the desire for absolute power is still with us. Men have not changed nor will they ever give up their desire to rule over their fellow men. Until the very nature of mankind changes we would be fools to trust the state to always be benevolent. There will come a day, however distant, when these puny weapons will be all that stands between our posterity and forcible servitude. Our task is to stand in the gap against those who would blindly trust the men who have the power of government over us.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,648
    What makes you think "progressives" are any more inclined to try and enslave the population than conservatives are? Both groups seek power and money, and do so in copious amounts. I don't trust either side and am a bit amazed at those who do.
  4. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Oh I don't think progressives want to enslave the population any more than conservatives. I don't trust conservative power elites either. I do think that severe gun control and/or confiscation is more likely to occur as a result of the excessive trust which progressives place in the State. Efforts at gun control of weapon types which have little to do with gun violence in the nation ("assault" weapons) have been a feature of liberal administrations. We have seen a slavish defense by progressives of attempts to demonize the AR-15 rifle which has been shown to have no real impact on crime in this country. This is why I think that the majority of progressives would be just fine with disarming the people and placing their trust (and their freedom) in the hands of the State.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,985
    Rep. : )