Seriously. Is the offense gonna be

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GATORDONE, Oct 13, 2013.

1. GATORDONE

GATORDONE New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    Seriously is the offense going to be that much better next year at the rate were going. Be honest.

I don't see it. As Pat Dooley pointed out on his blog we are 1 -4. In the last big games averaging 13.5 points

needs to make a change either his philosophy or coaches. He wants to win time of possession so bad and turnovers but it would be nice to focus on scoring and not making sure we take our time doing it.

This ain't workin fellas.
  2. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,143
    Obviously, something needs to change. If Pease leaves, I think it may be tough to get a top-notch OC to come here out of fear that he will not have enough freedom to call plays as he sees fit.

I think we need to make the Pease thing work.

The other fear is that we will not be able to recruit effectively because can you blame a HS senior offensive stud for wanting to play at FSU or Miami?

We may really need to turn things around with the guys we have, if it is going to get better long term.
  3. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    This is exactly the kind of offense Muschamp wants to run. As long as he's here, we fans will be able to point at our TVs and say "we're running the ball right here" pre-snap, and get it right 9 times out of 10.
  4. GeomatGator

GeomatGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +16
    In other words, Muschamp was more than happy with our offensive performance yesterday. After all. we held the ball for 35 minutes. No need to make any changes.
  5. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,186
    IMO no. It's WM philosophy, no turnovers, TOP, methodically march down the field, and hope we can eak out a win in big games. We will have once again a stoud defense. We will win the games we're supposed to win. We will continue to block poorly against good teams and we will be outscored. We have a staff imo that will produce an 8 or 9 win season.
    I suspect you will have fans who will give reasons for not achieving and staying the course. You will have fans who will want change. Me, I think we have a Mark Reict situation, WM will win enough games and recruit well enough to remain as coach but forget about winning the sec east or getting an sec title imo. I don't see it happening.

Now, add one more thing to think about. SOS came to usce and they struggled for a number of years. Some fans wanted SOS gone. Yet, SOS adapted a bit and has built a strong program at usce. It's not out of the whelm of possibility that WM makes some adaptions too and prevails. For UF this would be the ideal situation. It's hard for a program to keep changing head coaches every 4 or 5 years and if it is viewed that WM was forced out, chances are good it will limit those who would want the job.
    I hope WM makes the necessary changes to bring uf back to the top.
  6. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Alabama plays a pro style offense, throws deep on early downs, and throws to the tight end-- they get top off linemen , RBs & WRs who want to play in that system--why can't fla do the same??
  7. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +441
    Holding back for ga southern.....
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,767
    Don't be an effing idiot.

No coach wants his OL getting their azz kicked and his QB running for his life.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I don't know. Good question. They sign the best OL in the country though. We aren't competing for the best OL and we aren't signing enough, IMO.
  10. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +467
    Had a couple FSU fans over to watch the game this weekend in Cedar Key. I think they felt bad for me. Kept buying me drinks, not saying anything about the game. Wait a minute, one guy did say "do you guys always run it up the middle on first down?"
  11. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Tell your FSU friend he's an idiot...we don't always run it up the middle on first down...just around 70% of the time.
  12. jareduf

jareduf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    If we have a 5 loss season, I think next year is make or break. Tough to see top offensive recruits coming to Florida with this offensive philosophy. It appears we are already struggling a bit for 2014 recruits. 2 back to back 4-5 loss regular seasons, anemic offense and losing recruits to FSU and Miami could be the kiss of death for Muschamp.

He needs to adapt his philosophy quickly.
  13. bigkid62

bigkid62 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +108
    You people on here just forget that a experienced QB is key to sucess.Bama has a senior QB thats won a NC! Ga has a senior,USC has a senior,LSU has a senior,Missu had a senior(got hurt yesterday). The gators have a reshirt junior that's never played a game @ florida since he's been here. The coaches know what he can do and handle.We need to let the coaches coach.
  14. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I don't think anyone here is preventing the coaches from coaching...we are all actually highly in favor of it...please tell them to get to work and start with the o-line.
  15. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    /forum
    • Like Like x 1
  16. acegator

acegator Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    We had a senior QB in WM first year.

I don't see any offense progress coming next year. Just like the last 5 years, don't expect something different unless you actually see it.
  17. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,458
    They have nfl talent we do not.
  18. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    :roll:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gator07

Ratings Received:
    +703
    I'm the same way. I dont buy the whole "we can go down field if we want to" stuff or the "we're going vanilla to hold back for such and such" stuff. For me, our offense is what we've put on film.

Our offense right now is probably as good as its been in the WM tenure, but we are still ranked 102 in the nation, meaning any improvement has been very minor. All of the sudden we are supposed to take leaps and bounds in a single year and start dominating next year? I don't see it. At least we are starting to put in some of our talented skill position players and that should pay dividends for next year, but how good are they? No one knows.

The most important part, the OL - are they going to be markedly better next year? Losing our only solid lineman in Harrison is going to hurt. I don't think anyone is expecting our redshirt freshmen to come in and dominate right off the bat and we know damn well our true freshmen won't see the field much at all, so we're going to be looking at the same cast of characters once again, which means we'll be relying on player development to see any kind of improvement.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    Tell your friend after the FSU game last year it was so easy to run up the middle on them that we think we can do it on everybody now.