Self centered people starting to pay the ULTIMATE price...or shooting at Fla. movie theater

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gregthegator, Jan 14, 2014.

1. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +124
    As someone mentioned earlier, I would really like to know what these men's wives are thinking about the incident.

Let's see. One wife is now a widow and has a 3 year old daughter to take care of with a single income. The other went from a comfortable enough retirement that allowed one to go to movies with her husband to now being without her husband for the rest of her life and facing huge legal fees, not to mention the possible civil suit down the road. Both families are destroyed.

Can't imagine what it was like to tell your three year old child that daddy is never coming home again.
  2. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +760
    As an added bonus, you don't have to buy Verbal Advantage. Just have dictionary.com available.:)
  3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +999
    I think he's speaking more to witness testimony. At least I am. I'm curious what was said, specifically when Reeves returned from reporting the cell phone use.
  4. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909

Interesting... So, you can definitively say that the victim here wasn't thinking to himself just before being shot, "I'll throw this popcorn at the old geezer, and when he focuses on the popcorn, I will land a right hook up side of his face. Then, when he falls, I'll jump on his old body and continue to pummel him until he stops moving..."
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,498
    The wise move is not to inject any suppositions about motivations or actions where we don't have actual knowledge of them happening. Otherwise we can mold a false narrative to support practically anything we like.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Exactly.
  7. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +124
    I think he's speaking more to witness testimony. At least I am. I'm curious what was said, specifically when Reeves returned from reporting the cell phone use.

Gotcha. But wouldn't that really just put the wives in a she said, she said scenario? I would think the other witnesses would be more relevant.
  8. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +517
    There's nothing wrong with discussing what we think may have happened and how we think things could have been handled better. I mean, for all we know, the shooting was a legitimate case of self-defense (although I don't believe that based on what I've seen). Being able to discuss the "maybe" doesn't mean that we have to be unwilling to receive new information that may change our minds on the situation; nor does it mean that we have to be unwilling to consider competing theories (not that you have to consider them).

This incident seems familiar to me (the texting, not the shooting) because I was texting our babysitter in a movie theater not too long ago. I tried to shield any extra light, and I tried to do it quickly, but if someone had a problem with it I likely would have taken it outside the theater if I felt the need to continue texting. The cause for the shooting could be as random as the Aurora shooting or it could even be based on a genuine physical threat (or reasonable perception thereof). Nothing wrong with discussing *any* of the possible scenarios, in my opinion.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +517
    It seems strange that there are not more witness accounts being publicized about this. Were people not aware enough of what happened to be able to comment on it? Are witnesses instructed not to talk to the media (could there potentially be consequences)? One article said there were 25 people, and I haven't yet read anything that fills in the gaps between loud voices, popcorn thrown, and the gun shot.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +999
    Yeah. And I'd like to hear what "she said" and what "she said." Guess I'll have to wait for the trial as I assume their testimony will be major keys to the decision.
  11. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +214
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
  12. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,922
    I said nothing of the sort