SEC and Florida Rivals recruiting thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Apr 6, 2013.

1. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Anyone buying into people saying LSU might end up with a top 3 class?
  2. gator1986

gator1986 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +463 / 13 / -7
    Yes they could, it depends on how they finish. I know they just got another rivals 4* WR pledge yesterday.
  3. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Dang. We play those idiots every year and they keep recruiting like madmen.
  4. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    They have virtually no comp for talent in Louisiana and there are large number of great prospects there In this and next years class
  5. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Does Miles basically get whoever he wants in Louisiana?
  6. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    If they win all of their games the next few seasons they get to play the best. You have to be in the game to compete for a national championship
  7. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +502 / 122 / -31
    OSU always has a certain number of takes that any school would want. They are a top program. Tressell also had takes we wanted, but it didn't help him against the LSUs, UFs, USCs, Texas' of the world. But the class as a whole is certainly not one we would trade ours for.

As for our best DL being OOS kids, yes that's true. We have always cherry picked top players from different regions and we will continue to do so, but as a whole the bulk of our talent comes from Florida and the SE just like the bulk of OSU's talent comes from the MW and Ohio with some out of region kids cherry picked.

The 2009 UF squad had extreme offensive talent, more than Meyer will ever get at OSU and look how mediocre that offense was because they did not have Harvin. They were maybe the biggest waste of talent ever. Meyer has always had predictable stale playcalling. 2008 UF was just so talented you couldn't stop that offense even when you knew what was coming.

Remember the playcalling graphic spinner that was popular in 2007 and early 2008 because the playcalling was so predictable? The spinner consisted of like 4 plays- Tebow up the middle, Harvin up the middle, Tebow to Harvin, Harvin to the outside. :grin:

Harvin the bailout left, everyone returned, and offense fell off of the face of the earth.
  8. gator1986

gator1986 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +463 / 13 / -7
    Yes pretty much lol. Every kid grows up in Louisiana wanting to play for LSU. It's harder for Florida since we compete with FSU, Miami, and now USF, plus Florida battles it out with Georgia, Alabama, auburn, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee for their prospects.

Miles is in a prime position because there is enough elite talent just around that area every year to fill a class, and he gets to pick and choose who he likes.
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    By the end of this cycle there are going to be 13 kids that would be takes for UF on OSU commit list

We are going after the same kids OSU is going after on the DL. You do trust Muschamp's judgement on DL talent right?' A lof there DL talent comes from the east.

How is that team more talent than Meyer will ever get at OSU? Did you see what they did last cycle? Do you see wht they are doing this cycle? And again if they get in the game they have a chance to win. Anything can happen in a 1 game scenario.

I am not one of those people that is in love with Urban and wanted him to stay I wanted him gone. That being said OSU is assembling enough talent to compete with anybody

If you had Harvin on your team what would you do? I would get him the ball

2009 team sure won a lot of football games
  10. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    With all do respect AZ, saying osu is talented is like saying usain bolt is fast, everyone nows it, but that doesn't mean they can compete with the big boys, every team in the country is talented but none have stepped up to the challenge of beating the top SEC schools, are you saying Jim tressels 2006 team wasn't talented? Because before that game everyone in the nation thought so till they ran into the SEC champions, a team they never played in the history of the school and made them look like high schoolers, you can have all the talent in the world but the difference is competition, and until OSU beat Arkansas they were 0-8 against SEC schools or something close to that, I for one think urban liars coaching career will be done in 4 years he will never be able to win a NC while at osu mark my words, and he won't be able to handle the losses just like when he was our head coach he can't handle competition thats why he went to osu, he will dominate the big 10 but never will he win another NC
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    GatorEst1992 you are too emotional in this you are not thinking with you head. What does the past have to do with the future? OSU is assembling talent that can compete with anybody. Nobody knows what the future holds but they have a recipe for success which is good evaluation recruiting and coaching.
  12. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You may be right but I'm just telling you its the competition, the big games we play week in and week out help us and other SEC teams prepare for big games, the fact that they play one maybe 2 big games a year really puts them at a disadvantage and we've seen that for the past 7 years its not the past just fact that everyone in the nation acknowledges
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    I dont disagree it might help prepare you for the big games. But I would rather be in the big game then be more prepared for the big game but not in it. If the competition is so bad in the big 10 then OSU is going to be in the final 4 which is all you really want. They will have the talent to win the games as well.
  14. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +502 / 122 / -31
    Of the 17 commits OSU has, 11 of them are from the Midwest. This is about in line as OSU always does and this is about the same ratio that normally UF has (except with SE kids).

There is one kid from Georgia of that 17 and one kid from Texas. Like I said before give me a UF class over that any day. I'll take my bets with the primarily Florida/SE recruiting class. Stars are stars in the end- most regions usually have the same recruiting ratings, but in terms of performance the SE kids perform the best on average.

As for 2008-2009 UF...that was the 2nd most talented college football team behind 2000-2002 Miami, which is no coincidence that it is also in the state of Florida. He will never get that collection of talent at OSU that he got at UF. The state of Florida clearly produces better talent than Ohio, and at Florida it is a lot easier to recruit other SE kids than it is at Ohio, where they have to get other MW kids while we get other SE kids. Those unproven recruiting stars he brought in last year and this year will never match up to the 2008-2009 UF team in talent, let alone the 2006 UF team.

If I had Harvin I would not be predictable. We all saw what happened when Harvin left- Meyer's loaded 2009 offense stunk up the joint because Meyer had not once ounce of creativity and unpredictability. Harvin was just so amazing that everyone knew what he was gonna do, but no one could stop him. But you cannot rely on talents like that because they rarely ever come around.

Look at how dominant the 2010 AU offense was, and they had a fraction of the talent that 2009 UF did- but the difference was good playcalling vs garbage playcalling.

2009 UF won a lot of games because they had the best defense in the nation. They also had the best offensive talent in the nation but had a mediocre offense. By this same foruma Meyer will win a lot of games in the big 10, but no NCs. He will recruit great talent, have a great defense, but his offensive genius label is unwarranted imo.
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    Who ever said I would take OSU's class over UF's? I said they are assembling talent that can compete with anybody.

And I was talking about last years Skill player class being from all over. Talent is talent no matter where it is from. We have a damn recruit from Wyoming who the staff took over a whole bunch of Florida kids. Do you think Muschamp knows what he is doing?

When did anyone say Meyer was some offensive genius?
  16. UberTiger

UberTiger New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes

Yes
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    UGA CB commit that I really liked on film

Rusty Mansell ‏@Mansell247 1m
    Spent time today at Brooks County. Head Coach Maurice Freeman told me Malkom Parrish is the best he has seen in S. Ga since Champ Baile
  18. nwflgator_58

nwflgator_58 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    LSU always has a top recruiting class, and always can get almost any Louisiana players. They have some of the best talent in the nation. Miles just always loses a game, or two that he shouldn't.
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +572 / 182 / -90
    Big decommitment

Jeremy Birmingham ‏@Birm 16s
    Another class-leader, North Carolina TB Elijah Hood re-opens his commitment. #NotreDame loses a real good running back.
  20. GatorEst1992

GatorEst1992 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know he's a big back and perfect for our offense but have we been recruiting him