SEC and Florida Rivals recruiting thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Apr 6, 2013.

1. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +668
    Coaching! ;)
  2. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    If Dalvin Cook can catch and run halfway decent routes we'll have our next, next Percy Harvin in no time. Something leads me to believe he is closer to the real thing than any of the players in Columbus.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    I dont think Dalvin has Percy WR skills but the explosion and power as a runner is there. Dalvin is a better prospect but Curtis Samuel's is legit. He is one of the best athletes in the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yn8T34YoA
  4. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Nothing about Curtis sameul screams percy harvin. He's good, not great IMO
  5. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    He's got stupidly good speed, reminds me more of Demps than Harvin.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    he has a lot more agility and lateral quickness than demps I just said Next Percy because that is what they are selling him on
  7. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +537
    Samuel's stride actually reminds me of Ted Ginn, appropriately enough.
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    Cameron Robinson, Leonard Fournette & Hootie Jones all visiting Bama for practice.
    [​IMG]
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,717
    Doesn't hit his cuts like Percy does, but definitely legit. He's a player.
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    4 star WR Trey Quinn commits to LSU
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    John Talty ‏@JTalty 1m
    Four star WR Cameron Sims will announce on Aug 24 and choose from Bama, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Southern U and Ok St, per coach.
  12. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Is he the one with ties to southern or something like that?
  13. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +793
    All across the board especially their OL against elite SEC DL.

The NE talent simply is not as good as SE talent. Meyer was overwhelmed with Saban when he had Florida talent to use. Imagine him with the slowohio players against an elite SEC team.
  14. revthejedi

revthejedi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    As a Louisiana guy, that's awesome that he is considering Southern. I go there and we could really use a 4* WR.
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    Have you seen the OL they are pulling in this year? UF offered 3 OF THE 4 OL commits they have and wanted each one bad. UF wanted them more than the guys we have committed.

The team Meyer is putting together is not slow at all. It is going to be one of the fastest teams in the country.
  16. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Meyer also assembled the fastest team in he country at Florida.... That didn't last long, it takes mixture of size, speed, and talent. He just worries about speed. He thinks the fastest team wins the games, when in reality Oregon is the fastest team, and you seen what happened when their offense played a SEC defense that had mixture of size and speed that was one of the worse in the SEC that year. The following year LSU played them and their size and speed dominated Oregon. Meyers blueprint will no longer work, maybe only to win the Big Ten
  17. SECund2nun

Ratings Received:
    +793
    Ohio and the surrounding areas simply does not produce the jumbo athletes that the South East does. I checked out their 4 OL commits. Only 2 of them have gator offers. The other 2 are local Ohio 3 star athletes type guys.

Meyer will have speed at the skill position and QB, but he won't have the speed/athleticism at the DT position. That is the key difference. He is using a lower talent pool compared to Florida. There is a reason that since 1998 only one team in the Northern half of the country has one a NC, and that one time was a big fluke aided by a bad call.

I don't care what the ratings are, I will never take Ohio/midwest/north east talent over our talent which is mainly Florida/South East talent.

Meyer will field great teams, but the odds are against him winning a NC. Also I am not a big fan of his offense, mainly his playcalling. His offenses were very underwhelming except for when Harvin played.
  18. SECund2nun

Ratings Received:
    +793
    Yeah he overly focuses on speed. Speed/size/athleticism ratio is more important than speed alone. His RBs he has been recruiting are all on the smaller size, so he will continue the smaller RB trend as well.

I remember Saban was asked about Meyer's offensive style and other spread teams in 2008 and he responded saying he focus on consistency and he feels that consistently moving the ball with physicality is the best way to win games as it wears out opposing Ds with long physical drives, keeps opposing offenses off of the field, and is more consistent.

Also his offense doesn't rely on one player, so it won't fall off of the face of the earth one player leaves like Meyer's offenses did when Harvin left and then Tebow left or AU when Cam left. Ingram left and they still keep winning NCs. Richardson left and they won a NC the next season. Lacy left and they still won't miss a beat.
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,739
    Jamarco Jones Demetrius Knox Marcelys Jones are all take for uf. Marclay might not have a formal offer but the staff did try and talk to him after he had already been committed to Ohio State.

UF's two best DLinemen the past few years have been from New York and Philly. How good do you think we would be without Easley and Floyd? I know you want UF to get Thomas Holly this year over some southern kid with half the talent.

Ohio State is getting talented football players and they are building a team that can beat anybody in a one or two game format. Sometimes all you need is a bad call and you have a Championship.

Harvin was a big part of helping the UF offense go but Meyer is assembling to really good talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Just look at his offensive skill players from last year Ezekiel Elliott, Jalin Marshal,l Dontre Wilson, Corey Smith & James Clark
  20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    Look at Ohio State's schedule this year. Ohio State may win a lot of games, but they never play anyone and lose when they play SEC teams with regularity. You have to play the best to be the best, and playing against inferior competion will not help you compete for national championships.