Sean Hannity OWNS New Jersey Congressman In Debate

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Oct 4, 2013.

1. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Please explain what I am missing about employer (not employee) insurance.
  2. Swampmaster

Swampmaster New Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Conservatives: liberals are lying!
    Liberals: no we're not--it's the conservatives that are lying.

Liberals: conservatives are lying!
    Conservatives: no we're not--it's the liberals that are lying.

It never ends. Blind party loyalty---the reason the u.s. political system has collapsed.
  3. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,788
    You say in paragraph 1 that the law was changed then in paragraph 2 that it wasnt.

Maybe I misread but, that's confusing.
  4. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,112
    OK, you couldn't answer the question.

Your employer decides how much he will pay of your insurance. Just like he decides how much he's going to pay you. You can accept it, leave or try to negotiate more.
    You could send him a bill for the rest of your insurance, I suppose. You could also send him in invoice for a $10,000 raise. Maybe you should buy yourself a new car and drop the bill on his desk.
    Give it a shot.
  5. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Not sure how to clear that up for you. The law was changed by Obama, and not through legislation, to allow Congress relief from it. He did this to avoid having to change it the way it should have been changed, which is through legislation, because he knew he would have to change other aspects of the law to get it passed in Congress. He didn't want to do that so he changed it unilaterally, which Ben says is legal, even if it looks like BS to most of us. So the law was changed, just not the way it should have been done. Hope that clears it up..
  6. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Q. I have coverage through my job. What happens to me?

If you're one of the 171 million Americans with coverage through your job or your spouse's job, the big changes in health insurance this fall might not affect you much. You may have recently received a letter from your employer telling you about your existing insurance plan, and how much the company pays toward the cost of your premium. Most likely, the company also told you that you have the opportunity to visit new health insurance exchanges to look at plans you could buy on your own, but that you wouldn't be eligible for a federal subsidy for one of them because you're already covered.

I don't qualify for a subsidy, even when the cost to keep my current insurance, through my employer has a 40% tax attached to it because it is considered a "Cadillac" plan. In this economy it will likely be passed on to me, and if I can't afford it, I will be forced into the cheaper ACA exchange. I may get a raise to cover that extra cost (unlikely in this economy) or I may be forced to buy an unsubsidized ACA plan. My employer is not allowed to pay my premiums for that, neither partially or fully. Again, I can get a raise to cover it, or not. Essentially, Congress just got that raise, in a way I cannot, and they got it without legislation, which is illegal in mine and many others opinion. Now Ben is OK with this, and has an explanation, but I still call BS on it. Obviously your side doesn't agree with me either, but that is no surprise.
  7. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,788
    Thanks for the explanation. Wielding the power he was.
  8. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,888
    I'm not going to watch but I imagine if Hannity "owned" anyone it was because he told his opponent to shut up and then wouldn't let him make his point.
  9. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +799
    Hypocritical.
  10. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Happy to help. One other thing I didn't add is the 72% Non-subsidy subsidy that Congress is getting which results in their illegal (IMO) non-raise raise, is tax exempt. If my employer raises my income to cover the high extra costs the ACA will result in for my family, I have to pay tax on it first. So even if they gave me the entire difference via extra income I would still be behind after taxes while Congress remains tax exempt. Ben will correct me if I am wrong here but pretty sure I am right. Just another way the ruling class is different than us..
  11. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +799
    I would disagree respectfully, Swampy.
    You have one party full of blind followers that would follow Idi Amin if they had to.
    You have another party that has one set of officials that are used to compromise and negotiation, and another set of young guns who grew up among the incivility that are responding in kind. The funny thing is, the people in Congress who are not following blind party loyalty and having serious disagreements and discussions on our future- the Republicans- are dissed for not being "united" and "in disarray".
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,009
    The only "conservatives" in congress are the Tea Party conservatives and Rand Paul.