Sad Fact is Muschamp would Play Driskel..

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorDad, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +860
    I'm not sure he is. But, what should he do about it? Play Murphy? Kidnap Winston? Is that the point of this thread?
  2. dawny

dawny Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +126
    We have lot of excuses, with different OCs, different players, OLine hurt, so do all the other teams, Bama,Fsu,Ole Miss, Vandy, change Coaches all the time and the oline, we just dont look good on offense, not the players, it is whoever is running our offense,Coach Muschamp likes to keep the other Team close,maybe to let his defense play, I just dont understand most of the other teams in the Country are higher Offensive rated than us,does anyone see this 2/4 years running, we have a boring Offense to watch,just my comment and viewing,Winston is special,Driskel still no lites on, ,have watched the Gators since the 60s,Go Gators.
  3. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,146
    Everybody would be asking why we don't throw the ball downfield more and those who are always ready with the correct answers would say he isn't ready.
  4. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +788
    Winston is really good against bad teams...so was EJ Manuel.
  5. Tu_Gator

Tu_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +129
    Clemson is the first real test. They even get a buy the week before
  6. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Then we are in a world of hurt. That goes to coaching, recruiting, and to Driskell himself.
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +893
    My wife's family are Auburn fans, well at least the elders, but they are really excited being 3-0 and winning their first SEC game in 11 tries. The point is, they are excited by their new QB, who is a JUCO transfer. In 6 weeks he's proving he might be really good and he's shown that he can win last-second games. In 6 weeks, he's learned the offense well enough to make the reads. Driskel has had 15 games and he still doesn't get it. Either that is on him or the staff.

8. gatorsfan530

gatorsfan530 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,445
    Go ****ing root for FSU
  9. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,676

My take on Winston...

He's going to be a fine QB for fsu IMO, probably better than Manuel was. I think he is like a bigger version of UF's Chris Leak, will have an NFL arm by his late sophomore season, has a fine touch on the ball, and has great downfield vision to see where the pass needs to go. Actually, he reminds me more of UGA's former QB Eric Zeier when you really think about it, but...

Play a team with a pulse. Rix, Ponder, Manuel, and Winston... three out of four of those QB's were all #1 in some publication coming out of hight school and when they got their first starts, they pounded their patsy competition just like Winston has so far. I've seen this song and dance at fsu for the last 10 years.

Beating a mediocre Pitt team and then beating a Nevada team even more mediocre than Pitt tells me Winston has potential and is going to be a good QB, but it doesn't say a lot to me overall about fsu itself.

I'm also not impressed by RUTS on a pathetic team like Nevada that lost it's starting QB in the second quarter and who's HBC pulled numerous starters at the half because he wanted to save them for Nevada's conference play. he took his whipping and flew back to Nevada with his half-mil pay-out.

What I did see was what I expected to see though, that fsu has issues on defense after losing so much starting experience from last year, and I'm still not sold on their OL.

They have a good QB and three good receivers, but not as good as that trio UT had when Tyler Bray was QB'ing the Vols. Their run-game might be slightly improved though, but I really don't think by much.

At least UF knows where it stands after playing a Miami team that had much, MUCH better athletes and team speed than either Pitt or Nevada. fsu won't find out where they stand until they play Miami or Clemson. Personally, I don't think their defense is going to be able to stop Clemson's offense, and Clemson played pretty well against an UGA offense that is just downright better than fsu's from a skill position viewpoint.
  10. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    Gator Avatar aka Gator Dad aka Gator Douche hates CWM and will complain about every move he makes good or bad. Losing 67 - 56 is fine by him as long as the offense is exciting!

Muschamp wants a bad offense so his defense looks great, that easy he can get a good coordinators job when he leaves UF!

That's what many here think because there is no other logical reason we can't hang 50 on anyone with our talent! Muschamp doesn't want a bad I, he hired Pease to right the ship, but it's taking a little longer due to some weak areas on the O, mostly line and WRs. They really need to recruit heavily fit O lineman! We will not be able to run the offense CWM wants without them, period!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. WDGator

WDGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    The threads comparing what we have to the holes is just like last year, we beat the shit out of them for all but one quarter and that was with their so called under coached 1st round qb. Look for much of the same this year.
  12. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    If only this thread had a point then it might be redeemable in some fashion instead of being what it is ... THE WORST THREAD EVER ...
  13. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Looking back at the past two seasons, I don't see how you can say that young players get few chances around here.

I saw a lot of true freshman get snaps, so I don't see your point.

Winston is not on our roster, nor is their another talented RS freshman QB sitting in the wings.

I know you don't like Driskel, but his problems have nothing to do with this so-called lack of opportunities for young players. If anything, the way the staff handled him and Brissett shoots your theory down as they both were put in challenging situations as true freshman.
  14. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    ^^^ No place for reason and logic in this thread, Tommy ^^^
  15. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    My take is this. Last year Muschamp had to find a way to win more than 6 or 7 games despite an overall talent base that would probably have succeeded in doing just that if they had not been so conservative on offense......had he repeated the same record or worse than 2011 he would have been terminated.

His goal for 2013 was to recruit better on the offensive side of the ball....he did !!
    I felt going into this year that we would have a worse record than last year, 9-4 or 10-3 at best but I felt we would be a more "complete" team.

Guys this is a process. In 2012 we had to fix a terrible running game and the worst offensive line that I've ever seen in 45 years of watching CFB. We have some quality RB's and have a slightly deeper and slightly more talented offensive line. We have shown a slightly improved passing game despite having limited talent at WR and a QB who would be better in more of a spread option offense......IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS !!! We were not going to go undefeated this year.....Does anybody remember that Bama went 10-3 in 2010 after winning a NC the year before.....Does anybody on here think that our offensive line, RB's, QB or WR's are as good as theirs were in 2009 ????

Did we lose to a team we should have beat ?? Yes. Does that mean we are doomed to another 7-6 season ?? I doubt it, but hey if that's what makes some people on here feel better then more power to them:huh:

Does Muschamp have work to do as a HC ? I believe so. He seems to go away from his conservative nature when things don't go as scripted, like being down early in a game, and take unnecessary risk. UGA, Louisville and UM all had the same feel to them from my point of view.

My other concern is that we don't seem to trust as many freshmen on offense as other teams seem to. I don't care how anyone spins that. No we don't get to see practices for ourselves, however what if a 2nd or 3rd only gets limited reps at practice and is always going against an All American caliber on the other side of the ball. Does that mean he couldn't be effective against an opponent with a lesser quality player across from him ?? A good example might be our TE position....maybe Burton can block Bullard or Fowler a little better than Taylor, but that doesn't mean he will catch the ball when it is thrown to him wide open, does it ??? Sorry, I have to get this TE thing out of my system :huh:
  16. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    That sums it up. I would add (for context) the various issues on the offense (especially o-line) go back to 2010. It wasn't like Meyer & Co didn't know how to run an offense in 2010 when we went 8-5 and were ranked 82nd in Total Offense ... they didn't have the talent at key positions to run an effective offense.
  17. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Just goes to show you what a couple of bad recruiting years will do to your program.

Miss on some QB's, WR's, Lineman and RB's or offer the wrong ones and you're paying the price for years.
  18. Drewsagator

Drewsagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +8
    I was going to throw that in also but I didn't want any of the unrealistic whiners to say I was blaming it on Meyer....if you know what I mean. What Meyer left here offensively reminds me of a giant turd that takes 3 flushes to get it out of the bowl !!!! I just hope the handle doesn't break off in Champ's or Pease hand:whoa:
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,009
    Yep, one important ingredient of our offense is a talented Offensive line, which is still a work in progress. But play selection/s and slow-mo offensive rhythm is still a problem, IMHO. We need to get a rhythm on offense, and it starts with an up-tempo movement/play-calling/execution.
  20. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    I do know what you mean. I feel its my obligation to occasionally post some of the facts and unfiltered history in case future generations come back and read some of these terrible threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.