1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Saban staying at Bama...official

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by rogocop, Dec 13, 2013.

1. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +238
    Sorry but is over, Bama is a better job and Nick got the raise, so start looking elsewhere.
  2. G8tr69

G8tr69 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    These salaries are getting insane!! 7 or 7.5 Million to Coach College Football? WOW! :eek:
    They are going to price out the Real Fans and be Corporate Seat Fillers just like the No Fun League.
    Crazy!! :mad:
  3. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +443
    Hoping UT will still submit the $10 Million per year contract to satan.

I also believe (or WANT to believe) this ain't a done deal yet. There were a lot of byplays in this thing that made many in gumpland very sure he is leaving.

This sounded just like the outlier rumor that came in when SOS didn't come back here. He was going here, there, everywhere imaginable, and all the rumors sounded right, but one lone guy knew Lou Holtz, and he knew the Augusta National brain trust, and he called it... out of the blue.... something that sounded absolutely crazy... SOS to South Carolina. There was NO WAY.

YES way.

The inside stuff counts, like satan's son living now in Austin, satan's wife with real estate contacts in TX, the house on Lake Travis, and the real estate debt the horns were ready to take care of.
  4. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    I think he did on purpose leaving the contract unsigned on his desk during the UT fiasco over their HC search. Bama had to increase it to keep him thereafter then he signed. It's like a extortion... shame. It was his very fault for the very last call which they lost to Auburn as well so why should they pay him more?! It's their business after all.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,230
    We have 5-star Ronald Powell from California, plus others from out-of-state, I'm sure. Saban just hasn't learned to coach his talent down like Muschamp has.
  6. lwg8tr

lwg8tr Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    I think we all know there is something stinky going on in the craphole that is the state of Alabama, a state which up to the 1970's would have been ok with the 13th amendment not being ratified. Does anyone not doubt that program which has a storied history of cheating and over scumbaggery is not up to it again. They maybe not as blatant with it as they have always been but you are telling me a bottom 10 state is able to woo kids from Atlanta, New Orleans and other civilized places based on its academic prowess and ample post graduate economic opportunities. Saban is a sleaze, a winning sleaze but probably a look the other way Nixonian sleaze non the less. In 5 years Saban will be on a lake in West Virginia and the NCAA will be looking up Bama rear and as Forest Gump, Alabama's non official state idiot would say.."AAAAAAgain"
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,266
    Exactly we got Ronald Powell in the class with Floyd and Easley following our 12-1 regular season and only 1 year removed from a championship. The point of the post was saying when you are dominate like bama is and we were, you will attract recruits from far off places that may not have ever considered Gainesville previously. Winning does that.
  8. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    I bet if you asked most coaches they'd disagree. Other than conference, Texas trumps Bama in every other way.
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +789
    When he heard the news that Brown was now leaving, Saban slapped his forehead and yelled, "I could have had a V-8!"
  10. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +605
    I agree. Saban used it for leverage then followed with this gem: