Saban changing his philosophy

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Jan 23, 2014.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +370
    Bunch a chit I say!!!
  2. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Complete bullchit that we do well in TOP and badly in just about everything else?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,089
    That's called poor execution. Not a willingness to not score.
  4. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +477
    Oh yea... there is a lot of truth in the above statement.
    How many times were all of us, sitting there at BHG... saying to ourselves...
    "Okay...look how they are lined up... this will be ANOTHER dive play to Rainey..."
    Sure enough!
    Or... just plays that simply did not go anywhere. I mean...n-o-w-h-e-r-e.
    The back (pick any running back)... would get the ball and get no yards...at all.
    AND how many fantastic, tall, fast receivers were totally under-utillized while Meyer was here?
    Coop and Moore would have flourished in another system.
    (I remember watching Moore just walk off Florida Field after the final horn of his last game here.
    Didn't even go over with the team to sing to the fans, etc. He was so disgusted, that he just walked off the field to the locker room.)

I swear, the last year that Meyer was here....high school teams looked better than us running an offense.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Complete bullchit that we don't want to score. Don't post ridiculous chit and you won't be called on it.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Agree. In 2009 we were by far the most loaded team in the country. NFL players everywhere. Guys like Nelson that never caught passes were immediately productive in the NFL. We should have run up and down the field at will against all but a couple of teams. Much like we finally did in the Sugar Bowl. And Brantley should have been playing the whole 4th quarter of every game... maybe we could have figured out what to do with him in 2010.

The most frustrating 12-0 season you can imagine. It's no excuse, but probably no surprise the team wanted to get drunk instead of prep for Bama.
  7. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Not a matter of being "called on it;" I said there is at least evidence for the contention that all we care about is TOP. Don't get so defensive and you won't help the case of those who oppose you.
  8. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    You said there is evidence he doesn't like scoring points.

That is ridiculous. Freaking stupid. There is nothing that can possibly be said that helps your case in this matter.

As the old saying goes, when you're in a hole, don't keep digging.
  9. fortmyersgator

fortmyersgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +126
    If I was Saban I would not change a thing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    There is evidence that he worships at the altar of TOP at the expense of scoring points, certainly. This isn't difficult, "that hurts my feelings therefore it's wrong" doesn't make it go away, nor does it make it that I was saying anything more than at least there is evidence for this.
  11. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    You said there was evidence he doesn't like scoring points.

No matter how you want to frame it, that's just stupid.
  12. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Or that there is at least evidence he worships at the altar of TOP at the expense of points. Just obvious dishonesty by omission since a fact hurting your feelings sent you into hysteria.
  13. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    You said there was evidence he doesn't like scoring points. That is just stupid. No other honest way to frame it. :cool:

What exactly are you looking for in this hole you keep digging?
    [​IMG]
  14. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +898
    I still can't believe that Kiffin is the offensive coordinator at Alabama.....
  15. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571
    Gene Stallings commiserates with you. As does Ray Goff, Ray Perkins, Johnny Majors/Phil Fullmer. It's called the natural ebb and flow of football (speed to beat power, power to beat speed) and most coaches take the adjustment approach rather than trying to get rules implemented to protect their existing scheme and recruiting philosophy.
  16. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Or what I actually said

Obvious lying by omission because butthurt is obvious. We don't score a lot and we have great TOP, just a simple fact, evading this is why you just repeat yourself.
  17. OaktownGator

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    By your own quote, you said there is evidence "Champ worships at the altar of TOP, and has no interest in scoring points. "

You just highlighted it. And it's one of the most moronic posts ever made on this forum.

So you've got that going for you. Congratulations.
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,987
    You gotta love the ole ball coach... SOS calls the new time clock rule the "Saban Rule".
  19. gnvgator

gnvgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,194
    Hillarious:)

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/kliff-kingsbury-nick-saban/

"ESPN Outside the Lines asked Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury directly what Saban’s influence is over the rule.

Q: “How much of Nick Saban’s self-interest do you think is at work here? And how much is honest consideration of player safety?”

A: [Laughs] “I mean he showed up to the meeting and made it be known, and I know that the last three losses he’s had have been against, you know, some up-tempo teams. So, I’ll just kinda leave it at that.

“I was surprised that it got that far to be honest,” he continued. “And to put it under the guise of player safety when like everybody said there is no empirical data to back anything even close to that.”

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/larry-fedora-nick-saban-jab/

North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora is just the latest to speak out about the rule, and he even takes a slight five-star jab at Nick Saban, via Raleigh News and Observer.

“Now if you’re just going under the assumption that if you play more plays you have more chance for injury – I agree with that,” Fedora said in a phone interview with the Raleigh News & Observer. “But if you’re going to say this is under player safety, but we’re going to do it in the last two minutes of the game, well then are we saying we’re not concerned with player safety in the last two minutes of the game? I mean, come on. I just don’t get that.

“I think you’ve got more chance of players getting hurt if the opposing team has too many five-star players on it,” Fedora said. “So let’s just say one team can only sign two five-star players on its team. How about that?”

Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown doesn't buy it.
    "There's absolutely no data to back that claim," Brown told the Herald-Leader last week of the rule, which seems to be losing steam. "I haven't seen any research that backs the claim that we're putting kids at risk. I just don't think it's true. I think it's a farce."

Brown and other coaches have been chiming in around the country, most of them citing Dave Bartoo's College Football Matrix's survey that says the opposite likely is true.

Bartoo's unscientific study, which looked at pace of play versus starts lost, contends that in 2012 there were 3,400 more plays run in college football than in 2010, but fewer injured players.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/22/3104347/uk-notebook-proposed-ncaa-rule.html#storylink=cpy

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014