Rush Limbaugh- You like, you keep. Obamacare...well

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Aug 24, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    LOL. Rush sticks it to Obama and the left...AGAIN.

Calling himself America's "Doctor of Democracy" and "America's Truth Detector," conservative talk superstar Rush Limbaugh announced a new three-year deal on Friday with Cumulus Media, which includes a move from WABC to WOR in New York.

"The bottom line is, no change for you," Limbaugh said on his radio show. "Wherever you're listening to this radio show today, you're gonna be able to hear it on Jan. 2, 3, whenever I get back from the traditional Christmas break. There will be no interruption to you. There will be no change. The radio program is as strong or stronger than ever. It will be everywhere you are used to listening to it now."

Politico reported last month that Cumulus Media would not renew "The Rush Limbaugh Show" after negotiations with Premiere Networks, the division of Clear Channel that distributes the program.

"The last month, if you read Politico or anything that linked to Politico or CNN or ABC or anywhere else, you were reading that it was over for me. That I was bad news for broadcast stations," Limbaugh told listeners. "They could not sell advertising and all of this was because of me and the controversy I engender and therefore I wasn't gonna be gone overnight, but three to four years, and that's it. Fini, totala completa, out of there, gone. Once and for all the left would be rid of me."

On Friday, Limbaugh said that the yearlong negotiations ended this week with a new deal, and that "it was really never in doubt, but I don't want to do my own version of negotiating here."

He compared his situation to President Obama's promise that Americans could keep their health insurance.

"If you like this station, you get to keep this station," he said. "I'm not gonna take this station away from you and force you to go to a new one, as Obama's doing with your healthcare. He said if you like your doctor, you like your plan, you get to keep it. No, you don't. You're gonna lose your doctor; you're gonna lose your plan."

Then he dubbed himself the "Doctor of Democracy" and "America's Truth Detector." He attributed the move from WABC in the highly coveted New York market to the fact that WOR is owned by his syndication partner, Clear Channel Communications.

He added, "And as the Doctor of Democracy, the deal you have with your doctor isn't changing. You get to keep your doctor. You get to keep your plan. You get to keep your station. Nothing's changing, and it really never was gonna change," he explained. "These were just public negotiations, which normally don't occur in public. But the media got involved.

"So the point is, the past month in the drive-by media I was over, it was finished," he said. "You better listen while you can because I was gone, I was ineffective, I was a has-been, it was old news, whatever happened on this program."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ru.../2013/08/23/id/522035?s=al&promo_code=14A20-1
  2. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +371
    Obama is the entertainer now.

:wave:
  3. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Plenty of material with Obama and the regime.
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +774
    At least he's humble.
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Actually he is.

But liberals have trouble with satire and allow their emotions to blind them to it...
  6. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +774
    You really think that anybody ranting on the radio in absolute terms for hours like he does is humble? Like his rants as much as you please, but if you are really going to call him 'humble', I don't think you should be worrying about liberals' emotions.
  7. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    He's an entertainer. Cliche's like "On the cutting edge of societal evolution" or like "with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair".

The left can't stand him as their attempts to duplicate his success on the radio have either ended in bankruptcy court or with the investors taking a bath.
  8. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +923
    He could quit today or continue for 20 years. the impact on my life would remain the same..zero

Sent from my mind using ESP
  9. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,332
    Well, at least they manage a Sirius station. Helps when people get it along with stations people will actually spend money on.
  10. GatorRade

Ratings Received:
    +774
    I know that he's an entertainer, but I would have a hard time believing that he's a humble entertainer.

Indeed the left can't stand him, but I don't know if it has to do specifically with not being able to duplicate his "success". The right can't stand Stewart/Colbert, but I doubt you'd find many of them saying that it is because "they are so successful". Both parties seem to dislike the messages.
  11. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +864
    Was reading on another blog this morning that Rush never mentions specifics of this contract......gotta wonder what his bluster is covering for......a reduced, compromised contract?
  12. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Years ago I didn't care for his delivery. I think he's gotten better over the years and his analysis is pretty good. Still a little too PC.
  13. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +649
    Rush likes Boehner pills...
  14. oaklandroadie

oaklandroadie Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +142
    Grasping for any straw, ehhh nana? Don't worry, you still have the racial bigots Stewart and Colbert.
  15. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,774
    I always laugh at how the left is so worried about Limbaugh- it means he nails their asses on a regular basis and they want to limit his impact-funny how he always survives the bullchit the liberal media tries to throw his way
  16. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +649
    As long as there is music on other stations or sports on talk radio, Rush could tell the best jokes on earth and I would miss it and be happy anyhow.

There is no one, that I want to listen to on a daily basis.
  17. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,774
    which is exactly your choice rpm and I support that
  18. NorthCaptivaGator

NorthCaptivaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    Rush still has a show? and the other guy Beck, is he still around?
  19. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    I think he is on MSNB Hee Haw
  20. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,774
    it makes me laugh that prezBO is playing the victim card