Rockets fired at Israel........Palestinians don't want peace.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dadx4, Aug 8, 2014.

1. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,080
    http://news.yahoo.com/truce-rockets-fired-israel-gaza-053021199.html

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +566
    eff the middle east
  3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    Really can't abandon the only civilized society on that continent ..... one that aids the US in its war on radical Islam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +974
    It is the summer war season in the Mideast. Heat and more heat, sand in their pants, pissed off that anyone else is trying to take a different route to the same place.

Wanting to get into that, isn't in our best interest. Tired of using American lives to pay the price for their hatreds.
  5. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +566
    Blood thirsty drama queens
  6. g8tr80

g8tr80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,133
    They are going to fire their rockets until Israel opens their borders and allows Hamas to vacation in Israel, or at least takes their wives out to dinner in Tel Aviv. Oh, and they want Israel to build them a port, and I think an airport. A really big one. Essentially, Hamas will stop firing rockets when the Israelis open their mouths, inserts the pistol, and blows their own heads off.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +404
    Hamas? Doesn't want peace you say?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,558
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...kets-and-tunnels-while-gazans-live-in-misery/

HAIFA, Israel – The latest ceasefire between Israel and Hamas ended Friday morning when Hamas resumed its costly campaign of rocket attacks on Israel even as its 2 million constituents suffer from wrenching poverty.

Although the millions of Palestinians packed into the small strip suffer from chronic unemployment, and lack of electricity and running water, Hamas and its backers such as Qatar have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on tunnels and rockets with one goal in mind: killing Israelis.

“When you look at what Hamas did with all the cement and the materials that went into Gaza for ‘building’, and you now see that most went on the tunnels, you understand that from their point of view the civilian side is not important,” retired Maj. Gen. Yaakov Amidror, former national security advisor to the prime minister of Israel and director of the Intelligence Analysis Division in Israel’s Military Intelligence, told FoxNews.com.

So far, Israel has destroyed some 32 terror tunnels – each one requiring the equivalent of 350 truckloads of building supplies and costing up to $3 million to create, according to the IDF. And 3,360 short and medium-range rockets have been fired at Israel by Hamas and other militant Islamist groups, likely costing millions more.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    "terror tunnels" :confused: It's like they're writing for 9 year old boys.

Meanwhile, when should we start bombing Qatar? Maybe after we sell them another $10 billion worth of weapons?

10. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,558
    six your comment about the terror tunnels is very concerning
  11. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Your apparent perception on what I meant by it is what you should be concerned about.
  12. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,224
    Hamas are scum, but part of the reason they have support is because Palestinians don't believe Netanyahu wants peace either. And given his history it's hard to argue that they are wrong.
  13. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,558

feel free to explain
  14. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +258
    I don't see how anyone can blame Israel for protecting themselves. My question, for the general board, is how do you defend yourselves against a group of people whose sole objective is to eradicate you and uses women and children to shield themselves?

Do you just stand around and let them pick your people off, or do you defend yourselves accepting the casualties that the Hamas are willing to sacrifice? It is the Hamas who have no respect for the lives of their women and children.
  15. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,080
    The libs don't know how to respond to your question Andy....
  16. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +258
    I understand the arguments back and forth. But I really don't think that the US has a moral ground to stand on in policing the world.

This extends to all the arguments on the US getting involved with Russia and the Ukraine issue, ground attacking the ISIS, the 2003 Iraqi war (I opposed it, but from a tactical perspective not a moral one). The US should act in ways that is in the best interest of its citizens, not a moral one.

This is the truth, as I see it. We now live in a country with comforts that no other country on the face of the earth has even remotely experienced. And we did it because our forefathers were aggressive and short of morals. Our forefathers confiscated American Native territories, benefited from the labors of slaves, used an extensive network of espionage, and even dropped atomic bombs (not once, but twice) killing thousands of civilians. And the truth is that all of us now benefit tremendously because of this.

I have no intentions of returning my lands and wealth to the native Americans, and I don't hold myself accountable to my forefathers for using slaves, many of which were captured and sold by Africans themselves (another truth seldom talked about). But I don't think we are really in any position to argue that countries return lands taken, lost and then retaken centuries ago, or to get involved with cultural skirmishes on a moral basis. So we, as a nation, need to focus on our best interests. For israel, that is supporting them because they are the least nutty of the middle east nutties.

As for the atomic bomb, my opinion there was that it saved millions of American lives, although it was an atrocity to Japanese civilians. But it was the Japanese that aggressively attacked us, and they would not have been merciful to us if they has won the war. My father and his brother were in WWII and in the Philippine islands fighting the Japanese. My uncle was in a classified unit that searched Japanese bodies for paperwork that might give an indication of their plans and whereabouts. He and my father were close, and wrote to each other weekly. We recently came across these letters and got an eye opener perspective from the time. Americans did what they had to do to survive against a very aggressive foe. We are a superpower today because of those two atomic bombs.

So from my perspective, which I admit might be a little off, the US should act in ways that best benefits America, and not on moral grounds. I am not saying we should be immoral, but we are not in position to define morality to the world. Morality should only be an excuse to further the best interest of our country.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,891
    yes, it's evident they don't want peace right now, their stated goals have been more economic freedom in Gaza
  18. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,558

their stated goals have been the total eradication of Israel and all Jews
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,891
    my guess is, more just the people in the land they feel is theirs...
  20. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,275
    It's clear that you don't have a grasp on the subject. All they have to do is stop firing missiles into Israel, be a friendly neighbor and the world is their oyster. Inside its original boundaries, Israel offers Palestinians citizenship and the right to vote. There are Palestinian citizens in the Knesset and on Israel’s Supreme Court. One needs to look no further than these facts to understand Israel has no issue with Palestinians, but rather take issue with those that seek to destroy them.