Rift between Dwyer and Florida evident after recent football transfers

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by RaptureVeteran, May 7, 2013.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Jacoby never showed me anything to make me feel as if he was wronged; and I was at alot of practices.

I'll be surprised if Jacoby does a whole lot at NCSU.
  2. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    We will see.
  3. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +715
    You don't realize that running ability is part of the equation and could certainly be a the difference between one guy playing and another sitting? In fact, with some of the sturggles in pass protection it was pretty vital last year.
    And give it a break on the "some of the players said" stuff. If you ask the right people then everybod on the roster should start in someone's opinion.
  4. junebuggator

junebuggator Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    1) At least it was a close race between JB & JD, but what did the former staff see in Brantley over Newton other than lineage? This oversight or wrong evalution at qb was the difference in a UF dynasty and dealing with the backend of a rebuilding process we are in now.
    2) I attended the LSU and Auburn games during JB/JD's freshman year, I felt JB was clearly the better passer and did not get rattled. Will anyone ever forget JD's face or body language when thrust into action against Bama? What a difference a year made for that kid.
    3) Having seen JD at the helm last year slowly made a believer out of me. NO WAY JB WINS AGAINST A&M, FSU,or TN LAST YEAR ! JD's ability to make plays with his legs were the difference makers in those contests.
    4) So, I have learned to trust this staff and never forget the Newton mistake made by the UM staff.
  5. AndyGator

AndyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +181
    ^^^ I believe that Newton was already gone before Brantley ever started for UF.
  6. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    You are correct, Andy. Newton was kicked off the team before Brantley and Newton had a chance to compete for the starting role. I trust that Newton would have won that job. But for any Gator fans who saw Newton play in bits of games as a Gator or in scrimmages saw a very different Newton. The guy had the yips. He couldn't complete the simplest of passes.
    Then he goes to a juco and finds his arm again and the rest is scandalous history.
  7. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Brantley beat Newton for the back up spot before Newton left.
  8. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    It would have been an open competition for No. 1 though after Tebow's senior year. Check out junebugator's No. 1 in the post above to see what this was in reference to.
  9. sec1

sec1 VIP Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +61
    jacoby was a average qb
  10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,772
    JB might have been ahead on the depth chart, but if Newton had stayed, he would have won the job after Tebow, without question.

Meyer would have had no choice, because of what his offense required from the QB.

Not that any of that really matters now.
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,772
    Driskel was the right choice here with his mobility behind last year's OL.

But Jacoby has the "it" factor about him. He's a natural leader with good pocket presence and a decent arm. By all accounts, he works hard at being the best player he can be. I suspect when he gets reps and gets his new offense down, he will do well.
  12. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    Not picking a fight here but how could you have been able to pick out the it factor in jacoby with the limited amount of time he played on game days?
  13. chargator

chargator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    At this point it's a none issue. JB is already in Raleigh, and JD is the starter. I've been reading all of the posts on this topic and it seems to bring out passionalte responses in BOTH camps, Jacoby vs Jeff. I'm sure it was the same way on the team. Now, everyone has to move on because that is the way it is. I was in the Jacoby Camp, simply because I wanted to see Florida bring it's passing attack back, and thought Jacoby was better at passing. No large sample size to pull from, just glimpses here and there, that he could. I also thought Jeff was the bettter runner. I just didn't think Jeff saw downfield as well, and at this point, I still don't. Hopefully he will improve on that this summer, along with some other finer points of the position. No matter anyone's personal feeling, Jeff is now the guy, and I hope he is up to the challenge. He will not get as many chances to run this year...teams will scheme for it more and take it away. It's the norm is the SEC.
  14. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,055
    Wasn't Cam injured his last year here and that's how Brantley got ahead of him?
  15. Mayhem41

Mayhem41 Member

Ratings Received:
    +25

This is history revision.... Newton was ahead of Brantley the vast majority of the time while they were here together, barr a disciplinary issue.

Brissett got every opportunity to win the starting job, as did JD. What did you want?, them to still not have the qb situation settled well into the SEC schedule? Quit being clueless.

P.S. This is coming from a guy that is most assuredly NOT a Driskell honk.
  16. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    I was a student at UF when it was announced that Brantley was head and shoulders above Newton. I remember it vividly. As for JB getting a fair shot, I respectfully disagree. Time to move on.
  17. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,129
    I was here too, not as a student and Brantley was definitely ahead of Cam. Cam was incapable of completing a 10-yard pass in practices or in the the Orange and Blue game. It was sad and downright uncomfortable. But That was all before Tebow had left. Is there any question that Cam would not have eventually beat out Brantley? Certainly not.

And I'm not certain whether Jacoby got a fair shake. But I do think Jeff was the right choice.
  18. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    You are right regarding Cam throwing the ball as if it was a shot put. It was sad to watch. Everyone saw that Cam was given a fair shot by the staff and he was miserable and Brantley was way better. I didn't see the same regarding JBrissett.
  19. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I saw it more as "we're going to burn a year of Brantley's eligibility to save more Newton eligibility. post Tebow."
  20. G8RNTN

G8RNTN VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,437
    Haha this is the one I was thinking about...