Rift between Dwyer and Florida evident after recent football transfers

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by RaptureVeteran, May 7, 2013.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +182
    We'd be fine if we never signed another player from there. As a group, they've been more trouble than they are worth. That said, I'm sure that Muschamp is trying to mend bridges, as he should.
  2. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +275
    I think calling the Florida coaching staff "liars" is over the top, and goes way beyond defending his players. Brisset knew Jeff was coming to UF and took a huge chance. Christian shoud have stayed--he will regret leaving. Clark wasn't that much of a loss
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +911
    NTHTT but did we just get out-coached? Haven't watched the game since but my recollection is we were out of position most of the game... or their staff called many perfect plays at just the right time.

I don't see AZ that way and I'm glad he posts what he knows, or believes to be true. Nodbody's DieAGator.

Time will tell. If these guys go to other schools we'll get to see how they do with a fresh start. In the meantime, hope it doesn't cost the staff any loss of cred.
  4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +387
    Strong did seem to have Louisville impeccably prepared, which isn't surprising. He's a hell of a coach.
  5. Dc32014

Dc32014 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    That was Dennis Rogan tennessee's safety.
  6. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,472
    I was going to try and watch the game last night but just couldn't do it tbh. I need to watch it again but I never question our effort in the game. I believe it was a multitude of things.

1. While Louisville was preparing for Florida. Florida was preparing for the 2013 season. Muschamp said the first few bowl practices were for the team and young guys I believe it was more than just the first few because that is what I would have did. The most important thing about making a bowl isnt winning the bowl it is the practice time you get for young players it is almost a whole spring practice.

2. The whole week Muschamp stressed that Teddy didn't really use his mobility to run but he he just slides in the pocket and throws down field. I remember thinking I am not so sure about that. We get in the game and Teddy is running for first downs and getting outside of the pocket. At halftime Muschamp says we are going back to some of the stuff we ran earlier in the year. Which basically meant we were going to play the defenses we had fro Johnnie Manzel and the Franklin from Mizzou.

3 We got away from what we do best which was run the football. He said he wanted to open it up for the game. While that was all well and good and the fans would ahve loved to see us throw it all over the place we won football game running the ball and Louisville and struggled stopping the run all year.

4 We really missed Jelani in coverage. The week of the game Quinn talked about Ball playing some WLB next year. In the game we had Neron Ball out there covering WR's getting torched. There is a reason you never heard about Ball playing WLB again that experiment of him in coverage is now over thanks to Teddy.

5. Teddy is really good QB and was on that game.

6. Onsides kick another bad coaching move.

7. Bostick hit that was called a PF killed us.

So long story short we got out coached. That being said I dont think the staff coached to win that game as crazy as that sounds. They thought they could look to the future and still win the football game. The players effort was there the whole game IMO but it is just that MO.
  7. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    Kind of over the whole JB never got a fair shot deal. Their throwing was about even and Jeff was more mobile, end of story. If Jacoby threw better and the OL was better he'd be the guy. You go out and look ordinary against Jacksonville State and I personally am not going to cry bloody murder when you transfer.
  8. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Anyone who thinks JB got a fair shot needs to visit an eye doctor.
  9. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +486
    Avatar, I only saw your dumb post because I wasn't logged in (so ignore list wasn't in effect). I see nothing has changed with you though. Still trolling. Still in search of a life.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Outside of the first game, when he played a few minutes, or the one game Driskel was injured, Jacoby didn't play a single game. You can call me names, but the truth is JB didn't get a fair shot.
  11. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +601
    You know they evaluate practice as well
  12. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    So Muschamp was lying when he said both QBs were equally good and the only reason Driskel became starter was his running ability?
  13. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +282
    Would we have had a better record than 11-2 with JB as the starter? Most people would be in agreement the answer is no. When would you pull JD as his only loss during the regular season was to Georgia were the team imploded with turnovers and even then he drove us down for the tying touchdown with Reed fumbling the ball in the endzone. I think the issue is that three of his players left not necessarily just a JB issue.
  14. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +716
    I thought the team played hard. I thought the coaching and a few bad breaks doomed them.

In my mind, it was one of the worst coached games I've ever seen.

But the team played hard. It was actually still a game at half, UF down 24-10. And that was with EVERYTHING going Louisville's way. If UF had just not panicked and kicked off the 2nd half like normal, I think they would have had a good chance in that game, because I don't think Louisville puts another TD on the board if they hadn't started on the 19 for the opening drive.

And then all they added was another FG. UF scored twice. It would have been a very close game.

The coaching doomed them. Not the effort.

Which is why I'm still not confident in this coaching staff heading into 2013.
  15. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +754
    How would that mean jacoby didn't get a fair shot? Jeff simply has a skill that jacoby doesn't with his ability to run. They were close enough throwing the ball that the difference wasn't enough to beat out that extra skill. Maybe that means Jeff was always favored but the coaches gave jacoby every shot to beat him out in practice and he just wasn't able to make up the difference.
  16. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,472
    At the time I was upset with the one sides kick call. I was a little less upset once Muscahmp explained why he did it. I still would have kicked it deep and relied on the D.

I like the plan Muschamp has and the adjustment the staff is able to make during the game.
  17. GatorAvatar

GatorAvatar New Member

Ratings Received:
    +170
    Players who attend practice say JB played well in practice to be the starter.
  18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +274
    It's 2013 and black qb's play everywhere if they are good enough. Coaches are not gonna put their future at risk by playing a qb or any other position for that matter that does not give them the best chance for winning a game. geez.
  19. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    JB's color had nothing to do with him losing the job to JD

Remember, Muschamp/Weiss recruited JB into UF...

Why the hell would he do that if he had no intention of playing him based on color?
    Its not like JB can play another position
  20. slayerxing

slayerxing Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +716
    We'll see. His decisions still seem inconsistent to me. Time will tell. He coached the team to a great season last year, all things considered.