Richie Incognito Suspended Amidst Bullying Allegations

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Spurffelbow833, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,158
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/04/richie-incognito-suspended-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin/

I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of guys here who have played football at the high school or collegiate level. How serious an issue is bullying in football locker rooms? I saw the CBS studio crew discussing it in a detached, clinical manner, and the cynic in me was telling me that every one of those men at that desk had probably witnessed this type of behavior.

As hard as it is to make an NFL roster, it's hard for me as someone who never played the game to understand why anyone would want to create division and unnecessary hard feelings and tension in the locker room with this kind of behavior. You'd think there would be a certain level of mutual respect among everyone who has made the grade in an organization that has only included 23,000 men out of everyone who has ever walked the face of the Earth.

Are these allegations believable, or is Jonathan Martin a whining head case? Is there really a culture of bullying in some NFL locker rooms? One thing is certain. Martin's problems are only beginning. Complaining about it will only make it worse, just as it does in a school or any other work situation. The only way to put a stop to bullying is to beat the living snot out of the bully.
  2. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    The name Incognito should be incognizant. This man just rubs people the wrong way and he needs to grow the frig up. I can see him getting on someone's nerves and not letting up playing his little games. Save your energy and use it on the field when it counts, you never know when you are going to need a friend.
  3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,444
    I seem to remember the name Incognito popping up several times throughout the years for a variety of issues....not good ones
  4. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    Guy got thrown off the team at Nebraska, you know he's a bad guy if those guys don't want him.

I know it's football but good grief, act like an adult, certainly getting paid to do so.
  5. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    Not only did they witness I bet they were all in on it too.
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +935
    You know the story of the scorpion and the frog? A scorpion asks a frog to take him across the river. The frog fears that the scorpion will sting him. The scorpion assuages those fears by explaining that would make no sense as it would kill both of them. The frog agrees. Halfway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks "Why?" The scorpion replies, "It's my nature."
  7. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603
    I wonder if this isn't a matter of Incognito questioning Martin's masculinity.
  8. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    I certainly do
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    from 2012.....
    "..... Over the last couple of weeks, a series of player polls have been released,......list of dirtiest players this week, with Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito coming in second."

""'s a badge of honor for an offensive lineman to be up that high on the list," Incogntio told the media after the release of the list."

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/11...incognito-named-second-dirtiest-player-in-nfl
  10. philip214

philip214 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,456
    this is going to end up very bad. fins may need a new coach when all is said and done. New owner would be great too.
  11. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    This Incognito dude sounds like a really swell fellow.
  12. Go2gtr

Go2gtr Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +191
  13. phideltgator

phideltgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +461
    foot the bills for a strip club....NFL is going to get out the power scrubbers and clorox on this one.
  14. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    This is a big and interesting story in sports right now. I am glad the Dolphins and the NFL seem to be taking this seriously. No one should be subjected to workplace harrassment no matter how much testosterone is in th ework place. You don't hear about big, bad NFL guys walking out on the job because of being bullied ..... ever. This has never happened in my lifetime that I can recall.

Bullying sucks.

If I never hear on the local news of some scared and innocent 12 year old girl or biy killing themselves because they were bullied non-stop I will consider that a good thing. And, nine times out of 10, the bullies mom or dad tries to minimize and defend the actions of the bullies. It usually happens to young people but in this case it allegedly happened to an NFL aged adult. It still sucks.

I'm glad martin put a light on this. Let Icognito. or whatever his name is, take responsibility for his actions. Funny, how doing so always seems to fix things.
  15. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,252
    As a Phins fan, I support his suspension. I love the way the Phins have cleaned up the dirt in the locker room recently. Its a blow to the oline though.
  16. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Are you joking? Seems like they left a big pile of dirt called Incognito right in the middle of the locker room.
  17. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +463
    They suspended Incognito. Hence the cleaning up Tilly was referring to. The blow to the o-line is Incognito not being there. Martin and Clabo aren't any good so losing Martin isn't that big of a deal n my opinion except Clabo will be on the field more. Either one leads to Tannehill being sacked
  18. tedunderhillstab

tedunderhillstab New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    A little "constructive" hazing is ok in my eyes. However, it sounds like it was downright dirty in the Dolphins locker room. That is crap, I would not just suspend him, go ahead and release him.
  19. tomis_gator

tomis_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I guess you are assuming that management had no idea, up until a few days ago, what Incognito was up to.
  20. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    If the vets were indeed shaking down rookies for the kind of change the story is alleging, then that seems to be the big issue here. And I cant imagine the front office knew that was going on.