Rethread: Who defends themselves with guns?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichaelJoeWilliamson, Sep 5, 2013.

1. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    The other got pruned

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    The story;

A thief who pulled a gun on a store cashier left with his tail between his legs when the clerk - an Iraq War veteran - reacted quickly using his years of training.

Jon Lewis Alexander, 54, had a gun pulled on him while at work, but within a split second he'd pulled out his own firearm and had it inside the thief's mouth.

The tense exchange took place in a store in Marionville, Missouri, and was caught on CCTV.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2dvskM0Xu
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,037
    The thief acted like he was on drugs or something considering how slow he pulled that weapon out. The clerk, a vet, instinctively tried to grab at the thief's weapon and then the moron drew it behind him in time for the clerk to draw his. LOL!

Loved it!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,466
    I have guns and they are there for our protection-if I feel threatened they will come out
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Police: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder in midst of crime spree.

A Northland homeowner grabbed his shotgun and fatally shot a man who burst into the family's garage while in the midst of a crime spree, Kansas City police say.

Police identified the man as 30-year-old Christopher Robinson, of Kansas City, KS.

Robinson was a suspect in multiple car burglaries and a carjacking. He even broke into one home and stole a vehicle that he rammed through the garage door, police said.

The criminal's spree ended when a man, his wife and their baby woke up when they heard the burglar kicking in a garage door as he attempted to steal the family vehicle. Police said the homeowner grabbed his shotgun. The homeowner headed downstairs and confronted Robinson, whom police found dead inside the garage.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23334501/police-intruder-shot-killed-by-homeowner-in-northland
  6. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    An Indianapolis woman was able to fend off a group of guys who pulled a gun on her while trying to steal her car.

Kari Bird just started law school and continues to work full time. Bird got home at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and when she got out of her car, a group of three or four young guys approached her.

“I really didn’t think too much about it, one of (them) was smiling,” Bird said.

He was smiling, but he quickly pulled out a gun.

“He told me to … give him my keys,” Bird said.

She did turn over her keys, but realizing all her law books and belongings were in the car, Bird made a quick decision. With the gun still pointed at her, she reached into her center console to pull out her own gun.

“(He said), ‘Oh s***’ and then ran,” Bird told Fox 59.

Bird said the boys looked like teenagers and as a mom, she can’t get that out of her head.

“If these were my kids and they were out at 11:30 at night, terrorizing women, I would scare the life out of them,” Bird said.

She doesn’t want to be an example for whether or not you should carry a gun, but said that she does want everyone—especially women—to keep their own safety in mind.

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/09/05/womans-quick-thinking-fends-off-carjackers/#ixzz2eGUCGBKe
  7. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    SAN MATEO -- Two Bay Area men are being held on murder and kidnapping charges for their alleged roles in a home invasion robbery that ended with a deadly gunfight inside a San Mateo home, police said Friday.

Bunn Vo of San Jose and Edwin Lee of Daly City, both 22, were taken into custody early Thursday at a San Jose hospital they drove to after the gunfight on the 1500 block of Lodi Avenue. A third suspect, Bryant Ma, 23, of San Jose was dead by the time they arrived, San Mateo police said.

A 24-year-old resident of the home got into a gunfight with the trio of suspected robbers that left a scene strewn with "guns, multiple bullet holes and blood," police said. The resident was shot in his shoulder and Lee was wounded as well. Vo escaped without injury, police said.

Investigators declined Friday to say what attracted the suspected robbers to the home on Lodi, a quiet working-class street. San Mateo police Sgt. Dave Norris said a woman was held inside the home at knife point during the robbery.

It wasn't clear if the wounded resident would face any charges, but he was not in police custody Friday, Norris said. Norris added that the crime was complex and it may take some time to sort the details out.

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-county-times/ci_24035168/san-jose-daly-city-men-held-deadly-san
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,073
    It's not that hard to figure out for the liberals if they would just use common sense. So you are a thief and are you more than likely rob a dress shop or a gun range? It's not rocket science fellas.
  9. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,338
    what is it that I need to figure out?
  10. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,946
    All I can say is if you come in my house when you're not supposed to be, you're going to have a really, really bad night.
  11. ncgatr1

ncgatr1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,026
    I do and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone were breaking into my house, in fact, there is no way they are going to live.
  12. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,338
    Does this count?

link
  13. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,946
    Just from what you quoted, first guy should have been arrested assuming he or both actually survived.

Second guy had a right to return fire.
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,917

Lol... checkmate. :whistle:
  15. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    Where would we begin?
  16. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    have a number of guns. Some at home in case of intruder break in. wife, daughter, and myself are very proficient inn handling weapons.

Was a member of NRA until they started representing gun manufacturers and retailers instead of gun owners on some issues.

I am a lib/dem as many on the board know.

I believe that 2nd Amendment privileges should only apply to American citizens and that strong measures in laws be such that those without citizenship aren't afforded 2nd Amendment protections.

Thompson full automatic with drum
    Lugers
    And assorted other historic guns
  17. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497

- See more at: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/#sthash.F5E2PPSg.dpuf
  18. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,037
    I just had another incident at my local Wal-Mart yesterday where I almost had to draw my weapon on someone.

When I walked out of the store and was walking to my car, some idiot across the parking was yelling out "hey! Hey!" I ignored him because there's usually a couple of folks yelling at each other out there anyway and I thought nothing of it until I found out he was yelling at me.

He'd crossed over from a couple of parking lanes over and was approaching me as I'd unlocked my car door and set my bags in the passenger seat. As I got into my car, this idiot, who was a s drunk as a skunk (you could smell the booze on him from eight feet away), yelled at me "I'm talking you man, don't drive away on me!"

He stopped short of my open car door and I told him "listen mister, there's no problem here so just walk away".

I went to close my door and he blocked it with his hand and starting telling me how "you aint just driving away after running me off the road back on I-10".

My gun immediately came out of my holster and I moved it around to between my legs pointing down at the car seat and let him see the weapon I had. Fact is, I hadn't been on I-10, or anywhere near it that day, so he's obviously just delirious.

I told him right then to stand down and walk away and don't touch my car again, and he did, thankfully. Once I had driven off I called the cops and Wal-Mart to tell them about the guy. I found out later they'd busted the guy about 30 minutes after our incident when he'd returned to his truck which he'd gotten stuck in a ditch up the road from the Wal-Mart.

Crazy stuff. I think people have just gotten crazier over the last few years.
  19. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-kid...ills-abductor-daring-rescue/story?id=20839241