Republicans won't be disrespected. It's a Tea Party thing.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Row6, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Maybe a break dancing showdown will solve this peacefully. If not, thrown them a bone - rename some National Forest boat ramp in Wyoming "Reagan Boat Ramp"? - and tell them to go away.

Marlin Stutzman, a conservative congressman from Indiana.
    “We’re not going to be disrespected,” he told the Washington Examiner's David Drucker. “We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”

http://thehill.com/video/administra...n-gop-remarks-to-blame-tea-party-for-shutdown
  2. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +549
    Clearly you are just googling Republican lawmakers to find clips and quotes that make them look bad. I could do the same for Dems I suppose. I am particularly sickened by the ones where they call their fellow Americans jihadist's, terrorist's and suicide bombers. Shameful behavior. Certainly worse then saying things you don't mean and looking stupid. Shall I pull up some of these for you Row so you can try and justify it?
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,916
    In recognition of both GOP heroes of old, and the party's recent marked move to the right and rejection of all other opinions, agree to bring rhinoceroses back to the National Zoo (they don't currently have any) and name one of them "RINO Reagan" if they will reopen the government.

:wink:
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +724
    Those who oppose the Tea Party in the GOP may want to re-think their stances.
  5. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +864
    Don't know if they can afford to do that or really want to. Most GOPers aren't as extreme as TP members.....the Tea Party antics may very well doom the GOP.
  6. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    How about a Dirksen do-do bird hologram, what with northern moderate Republicans being extinct - let alone one who would champion federal enforcement of civil-rights.
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +784
    So, cutting spending when your government has a debt greater than every society that has ever existed is extremist? Seriously? The Tea Party was borne as a last ditch effort by regular people to wake up and shake up our elected officials. But, you guys don't want that since you obviously prefer guys like Reid to be your master rather the other way around.
  8. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Oh, I get it. You think there is a debate on spending and the budget going on in Congress, with hearings, conferences between houses, etc.
  9. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,402
    The Teabag Party was born out of a right wing think tank hatched by Dick Armey. Right around January of 2009 for some coincidental reason.
  10. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +549
  11. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,916
  12. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +549
    Same could be said for both sides IMO, but back to the point. This thread is about Republicans saying something silly. Which is worse..purposefully hateful speech or saying something silly?
  13. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    The statement of the Republican congressman to the conservative Washington Examiner isn't noteworthy for being inflammatory but for it's candidness. They won't get defunding of Obamacare and will be looking - already are by this guy's statement, who is no doubt an attendant at their huddling - for a face saving way out. I'm cool with either the boat ramp or the r(h)ino at the National Zoo.
  14. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +549
    We get it Row. If saying stupid things are to be considered just being "candid" here's a highlight reel for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y

How about commenting on hateful and spiteful words instead?

http://swampland.time.com/2013/09/26/obama-senior-adviser-compares-republicans-to-terrorists/

Is it better to make a silly gaffe or be purposefully hateful? Are you OK with this as a supporter of Obama and the Dems?
  15. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +864
  16. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +549
    Please post a link to anything Republican's have said during this controversy about Obama or the Dems like this?
  17. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Maybe your deaf. The congressman from Indiana wasn't saying anything inflammatory, and that's not the subject of this thread. The subject is the fact that in a moment of unintended candor he gave away their looking for a symbolic victory to let them escape this trap of their own making.
  18. LeesGator

LeesGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    At least we prevented those 500 million Americans from being out of work.
  19. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,219
    Libs still living this Obama-fabricated fiction that the Tea Party is the reason the govt. shut down? :laugh:

Obama was the one always running off at the mouth about "fairness", but when it came to Obamacare, he wasn't going to be fair, he thinks he is too good for it.

Only a truly brainwashed lemming would defend that hypocrite over this topic.
  20. FlyingGatorII

Ratings Received:
    +549
    I think you mean blind, not deaf. Unless I missed the part where your posts are actually spoken. But sadly for you I am neither, which is why I do not blindly follow any party or President like others on this board. But I digress.. Your original OP was about a Republican saying something stupid, and trying to make something of it. I was curious why you would spend time on silly stuff like this when there are far more serious and hateful things being said by your guys. You obviously don't want to reply, which I expected, but wanted to give you a chance to show what a stand up guy you are. I'll just let you go back to googling Republicans for silly statements so you can make fun of them for now. Pardon the interruption..