Republican Not Willing To Defend His Party Anymore

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Mar 20, 2014.

1. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,359
    yeah, let's have a redo. really on point there ....

I guess we'll put that in "Can't answer the question" file ....
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,979
    Too many people here tow the Party line, true.... But it would make for more solutions and less finger pointing if it happened in politics more often. But that seems too difficult for our elected officials to achieve.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Senator Schultz covers that:

“It’s all predicated on some belief there is a massive fraud or irregularities, something my colleagues have been hot on the trail for three years and have failed miserably at demonstrating,”
  4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    I guess Al Capone just cheated on his taxes.

Once again, no proof exists that shortening early voting prohibits anyone from voting.

And once again, if we have early voting, why not start the 2016 POTUS election now?

The fact is, there has to be a time frame. Shortening the time frame reduces the time available to pull of crap like this. Why is it that Republicans can vote on Tuesday in national elections but democrats have to have an extra two weeks?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. fastsix

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Pull off crap like what? That's the point, according to the Republican Senator they've been looking for "crap like [that]" for 3 years and haven't found any, so what's the justification for making voting more difficult? There is none.
  6. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +858
    I already read the initial quote. I was asking what voters in Wisconsin had been disenfranchised. Seems like the Senator and you are working from a basis of fact that voters are or will be assuredly disenfranchised.
  7. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,975
    I guess the solution is that as soon as each party selects a candidate, the division of elections has exactly one week to get the ballots printed. Then open poling places open for what, weeks? months?

Why not pay to have poll workers contact those who havent voted after a month to remind them to vote? Pay to have ballots hand delivered?

There really does have to be a defined time frame. What that is, IDK. A couple weeks seems more than reasonable.

But I am glad to see this guy call out his party on something he doesnt agree with. I can respect that.
  8. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +897

and let's never support poll monitering or ID verification

screw it, why have any standards on anything regarding an election.....let's just have an out and out free for all!!!
  9. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +914
    Doesn't this sum up the Democratic playbook for the last several decades?
    Aren't they the ones who always end up filing lawsuits on the day of elections to keep polls open hours after they're supposed to be closed?
    Didn't they create the hanging chad fiasco?

I'm certainly not a Democrat, and while I tend to trend Republican, this issue to me is all about preserving the integrity of our electoral process. Weeks of open voting creates more opportunity for fraud. Anyone who thinks voting fraud doesn't exist needs to look around them. So that 97% vote in Crimea sounded pretty accurate to you? I think the final vote after the Austrian Anschluss was in the margin of 99% too. And you could even look to certain counties in this country where fraud is a given. There are political analysts who make their living off of knowing when certain counties and precincts are "coming through" and by how much (like the precinct in Philadelphia I think where Romney got zero votes- does that sound realistic to you?).
  10. fastsix

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Senator Schultz covers that:

“It’s all predicated on some belief there is a massive fraud or irregularities, something my colleagues have been hot on the trail for three years and have failed miserably at demonstrating,”​