Republican Fighting Obamacare Calls Hospitals ‘Crack Addicts’

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chompalot, Dec 28, 2013.

1. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +303
    I've got to believe that the TPers won't have their way for long and soon all states will have to accept Medicaid expansion. I wouldn't think that these states would want to have their hospitals continue to close based solely on their recalcitrance to fully comply with any act that was originally initiated by Obama.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/12/28/obamacare-calls-hospitals-crack-addicts/
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,578
    How dare they defy the king, in other words... pretty much lines up with how you view the man. What he can't constitutionally do by law, let's do by bribery and/or extortion, is the plan, is it?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +303
    Just thinking of the uninsured and the hospital closures.

The TPers are the ones who are obsessed with Obama. I'm sure you are aware of the countless threads started by TPers on here that have Obama in the title.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  4. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,578
    If you sincerely cared about either of these things, you'd never have supported Obamacare in the first place, so I don't really want to hear it. ObamaCare has been creating uninsured people left and right and putting hospitals in the position to have to close their doors and would have been regardless of its 10th Amendment violations.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  5. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    chomp, the reason states turned down medicaid expansion is due to "future" liability. When the citizenry gets hooked on freebies of any kind, who will pay the bills once the federal government no longer will or can? Answer: the states, who, unlike the federal government, must balance their budget each year.

Medicaid, like all programs for the poor, should be temporary and reserved for the truly needy. This program like food stamps, welfare and other social programs, has become a multi-generational "lifestyle".
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +468
    Having worked for or in 3 or 4 hospitals, I agree with this description. Hospitals and universities are dinosaurs in various respects.