Repub Congressman chews out park ranger for shutdown

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Row6, Oct 4, 2013.

1. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,950
    You are arguing with yourself here and he was a she and a ranger, not an officer.
  2. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +739

Show me where in my quote that I defended the behavior? I merely pointed out the hyperbole used to the extreme in describing it as "berating". I clearly said he was wrong to do it and did not defend that. The officer was doing her job, as I said, and did a fine job at that. You obviously misunderstood my analogy as I was pointing out it was wrong to do that to an employee doing what they are paid to do. Now, care to defend the extra dollars spent during a partial government shutdown to close parks that can be opened with no cost to the Federal government just to make American's feel the pain Obama wants them too to try and get his way? BTW, not sure if you even watched the clip as the park ranger in the video was a she, not a he.
  3. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,323
    the key characteristic of being a bully is picking on someone who can't fight back. and that's what he did.
    showboating and rude bullying.
  4. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +739
    Totally agree river. Kind of like closing parks that require no federal dollars to remain open to hurt those that can do nothing about it. Bullying of any kind is wrong, at any level. Nice to find a point we can both get behind..
  5. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +492
    obama try to close state owned parks not owned by federal government Now how can anyone think this is right. But at least Gov Walker told him to take a hike

"The state Department of Natural Resources on Wednesday refused a directive from the National Park Service to close a host of popular state properties because of the federal government shutdown.

The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion's share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers.

State officials opted to keep public lands open as Gov. Scott Walker blamed both Republicans and Democrats for the partial government shutdown and said congressional leaders should run the nation more like Wisconsin. Democrats balked at those comments, saying the Republican governor has had a tumultuous tenure that has divided people.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...down-b99111708z1-226154141.html#ixzz2gkmcuCyR
    Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter
  6. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,323
    yes, that's what Obama did. I'm sure he's spent the last few days personally looking over a list of every park in the country and checking the ones he wanted closed.
  7. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    "WASHINGTON (AP) — The museums that draw millions of visitors to the National Mall closed their doors Tuesday, memorials were barricaded and trash will go uncollected in the nation’s most-visited national park due to the first government shutdown in 17 years....

...Pumps also will be stopped at the Lincoln Memorial’s long reflecting pool, but it won’t be immediately drained.

Perhaps most noticeable effect: Trash pickup has ceased on the National Mall and in downtown Washington parks maintained by the National Park Service. In total, 330 workers from the National Mall have been furloughed...."

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/10/02/tourists-find-sites-barricaded-on-national-mall/
  8. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,057
    Not only acceptable behavior to you, but "Thank God!" praise-worthy, got it. We'll just disagree on this one.
  9. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    She doesn't work for the "congressman." He has no power or authority over her specifically (that is a "lesser power" he does not have).

This hypocritical opportunist trying to embarrass and shame her even while he still gets paid is bad enough. That you try to defend him is baffling.
    • Like Like x 1