Report: Napolitano to Resign

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Jul 12, 2013.

1. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,815
    It is 1 paragraph

UPDATE: Here's the statement from Napolitano:
    “For more than four years I have had the privilege of serving President Obama and his Administration as the Secretary of Homeland Security. The opportunity to work with the dedicated men and women of the Department of Homeland Security, who serve on the frontlines of our nation’s efforts to protect our communities and families from harm, has been the highlight of my professional career. We have worked together to minimize threats of all kinds to the American public. The Department has improved the safety of travelers; implemented smart steps that make our immigration system more fair and focused while deploying record resources to protect our nation’s borders; worked with states to build resiliency and make our nation’s emergency and disaster response capabilities more robust; and partnered with the private sector to improve our cybersecurity. After four plus years of focusing on these challenges, I will be nominated as the next President of the University of California to play a role in educating our nation’s next generation of leaders. I thank President Obama for the chance to serve our nation during this important chapter in our history, and I know the Department of Homeland Security will continue to perform its important duties with the honor and focus that the American public expects.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/napolitano-resign_739290.html
  2. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,834
    As much as I want to be pleased that we'll have done with her, I shudder at whatever fresh hell will be appointed to succeed her.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    Michi - I agree. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,323
    Exactly!
  5. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +387
    As OP mentioned, new gig is President of the University of California System. Not a bad job.
  6. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +735
    Hussein is apt to bring in one of his recently ousted buddies from Egypt to run things...ya never know. After all....family and brotherhood must stick together.:ninja: