remember the hype about how the website was fixed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Dec 14, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,432
    and a certain poster on here was in here touting how it was now working- well it isn't much better and still has no ability for anyone to actually pay for a policy should they actually get to sign up for one

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...site-still-plagued-by-problems-despite-fixes/

HealthCare.gov went live Oct. 1, and consumers immediately got bogged down. A two-month program of fixes made the site more workable, resolving hundreds of software glitches and adding computer equipment to handle peak demand.

But the errors in eligibility determinations raise the risk that consumers could remain in limbo as the president's overhaul takes effect in January. The Wall Street Journal reported in September that the eligibility errors date back to the launch of the federal marketplace.

The Health and Human Services Department on Thursday announced a one-month extension of a special insurance program created by the law for people who cannot get coverage because of health problems. Insurers are also being required to provide coverage on Jan. 1 for any customer who pays by New Year's Eve
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Don't all businesses count "sales" before payments are made? LOL It will be interesting to see the "actual" #s or people who have PAID first month's premium. The administration #s include those who have "completed" their applications but they have not necessarily paid their premium.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,432
    actually the numbers include anyone who has entered their info-not necessarily if they have actually signed up for a plan-and then of course they have no way to pay for it as the back office end of it has not been built yet
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,231
    Reports of erroneous WA health exchange debits
    For the second week in a row, the Washington Healthplanfinder website is down, and it's causing problems for people who are dealing with billing issues. Some of them say the website is mistakenly debiting their accounts.

Shannon Bruner of Indianola logged on to her checking account Monday morning, and found she was almost 800 dollars in the negative.

“The first thing I thought was, ‘I got screwed,’” she said.

The Bruners enrolled for insurance on the Washington Healthplanfinder website, last October. They say they selected the bill pay date to be December 24th. Instead the Washington Healthplanfinder drafted the 835 dollar premium Monday

http://www.kgw.com/news/Enrollees-report-erroneous-debits-by-WA-Healthplanfinder-235244701.html

5. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,291
    If I was in the market for health care and had no option but to use the website, I would probably pay the fine and wait a year. It may take that long for the security issues of the website to get fixed. The scary thing that few people mention is that hackers could easily be collecting Social Security numbers and other personal info from people using the website, and then we would have the biggest case of mass identity theft in history (assuming that large numbers of people start using the website). A foreign nation could easily arrange to collapse the U.S. economy (at least temporarily) with credit card applications, random purchases, and bank theft on a scale never before imagined. Obama would go down as the worst president in history, if his other accomplishments haven't secured that title already.
  6. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,432
    chem- your post got me to thinking

if we do not file our 2014 taxes until April 2015 and then we have to have proof of insurance-what about people who will take a gamble on no insurnace for 14 and then sign up for it in 2015 prior to tax day-wonder if the new form for the IRS actually specifies the date you became insured-we have already seen that these people do not dot all the i's or cross all the t's- you might be able to escape the fine all together
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    For those worried or concerned about IRS sanctions...don't be. In 2014 the IRS will be spending way too much time investigating "Right" leaning PACs and non-profits. They will not be running down or fining some kid who went without his insurance. Far larger fish to fry.
  8. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    If I put things in my grocery cart, are they sold?? Or, are they sold only after I pay for them?

This is yet another example of the continuing effort to mislead the American people.

I think I will sign up for ObamaCare but not pay for it. Based on the government's rationale, I have bought the insurance and am entitled to coverage. :rolleyes:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,025
    That would depend on if you intended to pay for the groceries, or if you planned to shoplift them.
  10. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,031
    Obamascam is the reverse--more like the grocery store shoplifting the patrons who get little or no groceries.
  11. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,432
    Aetna just announced they would not honor prezBO's request to extend the cancelled policies
  12. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,116
    Actually, no. And if sale a sale is counted before it is paid, and the payment is never made, then they have to deduct the sale from their record.
  13. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,432

or show it as a cash shortage