1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Recruiting thoughts

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Oct 26, 2013.

1. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,090
    There is big difference between something that "can be a factor" and something that would give us the sort of putative advantage over all other state schools you inferred earlier. It isn't simply a matter of getting to the league (thought that is ordinarily the goal for most of these kids), but there are a whole host of other things ahead of academics. I mean, a Florida degree is great and all, but most of us (me included) could have done every bit as well in life going to FSU, Miami, USF, or UCF.
  2. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
  3. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    We're trending way up for prince as well
  4. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Jordan Sims too.
  5. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,468
    We should be trending for everybody, we need players not just good ones we need a full roster of sec level players, then boom, we dominate!!
  6. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,575
    I don't know about dominate although I'd certainly welcome it . But we would be alot better off than we are now.
  7. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    IMHO this is how I think we finish the class if we get enough attrition:

QB: Will Grier

RB: Dalvin Cook- I believe he sticks
    Bo Scarbrough- ive just had a feeling he would be a gator from the beginning

WR: Ermon Lane- gonna be a long ride keeping him committed but I think he really wants to be a gator
    Eric Lauderdale- I think its over as long as we blow him away on his OV, I think he commits during the visit. JMO
    (if we take a 3rd im hoping we still take Rudolph)

TE: Deandre Goolsby- its either us or Arkansas right now
    Cyontai Lewis

OL: Travaris Dorsey
    Nolan Kelleher
    Dontae Angus
    David Sharpe- mostly hope. not very confident in this but I hope dad lets him make his own decision
    Damien Prince- sounds like we virtually lead for him now and he hasn't OV'd yet. sounds like we have a great shot now
    Jordan Sims- we moved up his list with auburn being dropped and bama looking like its not an option for him. seems like an ole miss/UF battle right now

that's 13 on offense and sharpe probably being the longest shot

DT: Khairi Cark

DE: Lorenzo Carter (buck)- I just feel like he wants to be a gator
    Lorenzo Featherstone- grew up a gator fan, will probably be us or Clemson
    Justus Reed
    Taven Bryan

OLB: Dwight Williams- I think the coaching staff will give in and let him be a gator. he wants to be one if im not mistaken

CB: chris lammons
    Quincy Wilson
    JC Jackson
    Duke Dawson
    Adoree Jackson- *starts to pray*

safety: Jamal Adams- good as done

12 defense and 25 total
  8. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,575
    great list! If 80 percent of it comes to fruition, I'll be ecstatic...I hope you're right on all of them...that would be even better!
  9. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,575
    Good points..my question to you is: you could've went anywhere just like I could've went anywhere...but where did you WANT to go? I knew where I wanted to go and it's the best career decision I ever made.
  10. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +872
    That's a dream class, and top 3 in the country. Hope you are right. I have to think Bo is the longest shot on there by a good margin.
  11. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    The margin isn't that wide between him and sharpe. Nobody will know how interested he is in us till he visits.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,090
    Well, I wanted to go to Florida because A) I grew up following their sports teams religiously, and B) I wanted to major in journalism, and Florida was third at the time nationally behind Mizzou and Northwestern. It didn't hurt that it was in-state and that I could combine both of those interests in sports journalism. But I took an entirely different tack in a liberal arts discipline and, to be quite frank, FSU would have been a much better choice for me had I known at 17 what I knew by 22.

Regardless, the point is that each kid is different and not all have as formed an idea of what they expect their future to look like. I was in the minority, and even then I still ended up changing my mind (more times than I care to admit, at that). Just because we are the flagship university with the best possible education doesn't necessarily mean that university and education are for everyone. Other aspects are far more formative for a 17-year old.
  13. slmdLS1

slmdLS1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    No on Bo.
    Rudolph gets priority over Lauderdale.
    Goolsby doesn't look promising, insert Franks.
    I don't think the staff is holding back on Dwight Williams.
    Adoree is a WR, insert Tabor.
  14. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    You guys are more optimistic than me I have little faith in Damien Prince or Tabor picking UF. These stories are all well and good but I trust history over anything else. History tells us that Locksley will get the kids in that area if he makes them a major priority.

I dont think the staff is holding back on Williams but I am also not sure they will let him commit when the time is right. We really dont need a LB in this class and I think they feel good about the 2015 class.

Numbers get tight I would guess they will take OL/DL over a LB that is small. What will help us with Sharpe is that FSU is planning on taking multiple JUCO OL and he wants to play early.

Long way to go until signing day
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...osh_casher_expect.html#incart_flyout_hssports

Interesting news coming out right now Josh Casher says he is choosing between Bama & Auburn. It was thought that Auburn was talking two OL. One being Casher and one being a tackle. Now that Casher is off the board I wonder if they might take a look at Sims again. It is more likely they moved on from both and wont revisit why who knows. He is choosing between FSU & Bama who both already have center commits
  16. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    The same reason u feel good about sharpe is the same reason I feel good about prince plus he likes the sec. Ive given up on tabor
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I dont feel good about Sharpe I just think things will get interesting come signing day no reason to give up on him. I am a big believer in looking back at history when it comes to recruiting and Locksley usually wins when it is all said and done in that area.
  18. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    U say no, I say wait till he visits. If lauderdale wants to commit before rudolph thestaff will take him
    What about goolsby isnt promising? And id be glad to take franks highly underrated imo
    I dont know the dwight situation thats more of a guess. Buti think he ends up in this class.
    adoree is a football player he'll ball wherever. Tabor Is looking more and more like Maryland buddy
  19. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    I agree about locksley, I just think the fact that prince likes the sec and is looking for pt early favors us
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    You could be right. But I will go with Location + best recruiter> SEC any day of the week. It is not like he is looking at a whole bunch of SEC schools. I hope I am wrong.