Recruiting Is not looking good right now..why?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ofmgator, Jul 30, 2013.

1. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    This thread is funny on so many levels.

1. It is so early. Good lord, this thread started in July didn't it. Just a few years ago, we would have maybe 4-5 guys at this time of the year. This year we had something like 11 at the start of this thread, and the OP wasn't happy?

2. We have some real talent in this class. The *1 QB is ours for goodness sake. And a top QB will always draw top receivers too him. A very strong OL is shaping up, with some kids that don't look great in star value, but for what Will wants to do - pound the ball - they should be considered 5 stars. One kid is 6'6" and 330 OG.. and he is a 3 star?

3. The teams above us at the time of the OP were nearly full. We had room for nearly 13 more kids at that time which as Az indicated we haven't filled yet because we are in it for top talent. When (not if) we fill these slots with some 4 and 5 star kids, our team ranking is going to climb.

4. Did I say it was early? Someone else posted about how we might lose some guys by signing day. UT and FSU likely have more "spot holders" right now then us. I'm sure we will lose guys but I'd bet UT loses more than us.

5. Trust the coaches. Again, a lot of lower ranked kids on our current commit list may not be prototypical 5 star talent. But they fit our system and what Will wants to do. And I think Will seems to be avoiding some of the more troubled talent, putting more weight in work ethic and character than pure physical talent. Again, not that our kids aren't also talented.

Since the OP, this class has moved up and added nice talent. I think come Feburary we will be top 5 and we will all be happy happy!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +268
    Enlarging your posted pic would also make me happy happy.
  3. AndrewSpivey

AndrewSpivey Recruiting Reporter Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,502
    Lammons is tight with Cook and Lane, I highly doubt he leaves. Muschamp had a talk about this situation with Chris already and he knows the staff wants one of those guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AndrewSpivey

AndrewSpivey Recruiting Reporter Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,502
    He is wanted.